Mazda CX-3 Claims Top Honours as AJAC's 2016 Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 2 Post By MazdaFan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-11-2016, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Mazda CX-3 Claims Top Honours as AJAC's 2016 Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year

LINK

TORONTO, Feb. 11, 2016 /CNW/ - In an early morning press conference at the opening of the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto, the Mazda CX-3 claimed top honours when the utility vehicle was declared the 2016 Canadian Utility of the Year by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC).

More info in the link above.
wbw and agent329 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-11-2016, 03:29 PM
wbw

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Very good!
post #3 of 7 Old 02-11-2016, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MazdaFan View Post
LINK

TORONTO, Feb. 11, 2016 /CNW/ - In an early morning press conference at the opening of the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto, the Mazda CX-3 claimed top honours when the utility vehicle was declared the 2016 Canadian Utility of the Year by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC).

More info in the link above.
Agh! You beat me to it! It is nice that the CX3 gets so many awards and has so many favourable things said about it by auto journalists.

The nice thing is that it is said about the Canadian version which for reasons I cannot fathom has much of the great Mazda technology that is included in the European and Asian markets missing in Canada - yet it still wins the Best Canadian Utility Car of the Year Award.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old 02-11-2016, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Other than MRCC and an MT, what else is the Canadian market CX-3 missing given the price it's selling at?

A top of the line, gas CX-3 in Germany sells for an equivalent of $44,896 CDN. Even higher if you choose the diesel.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-12-2016, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MazdaFan View Post
Other than MRCC and an MT, what else is the Canadian market CX-3 missing given the price it's selling at?

A top of the line, gas CX-3 in Germany sells for an equivalent of $44,896 CDN. Even higher if you choose the diesel.

Its also missing the i-eloop tech and powerfolding mirrors.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-12-2016, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Speaking purely from the Canadian auto-market, I am still VERY content with my CX3 purchase. I definitely have not owned another vehicle that I am more satisfied with (previous vehicles: '02 Honda S2000, 06' Acura RSX type S and 08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS)

I think it is a well-deserved accolade; a most definite bang-for-buck vehicle with my GT's MSRP just sitting at ~$31k CDN. There really was not anything within the same realm in terms of features / handling / styling offered at this price point.

2016 Dynamic Blue CX-3 GT ... 2005 Titanium Grey RX-8 GT
post #7 of 7 Old 02-12-2016, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
I should temper my words a bit. The Mazda CX3 is the only car I have ever owned that I actually look forward to driving even in rush hour! No other car gives me that sense of sheer joy of driving. Its responsiveness and welcoming, friendly interior are second to none of the cars I have owned over the years (and there are plenty).

To me, this trumps any complaints I have about the lack of some of the technology that may be missing on my car.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode