USA CX-3 Owners: How many have you seen? - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 Old 01-27-2016, 04:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
USA CX-3 Owners: How many have you seen?

I waited for what seemed like forever for the CX-3 to be available in the US. It's gotten great reviews and I expected to start seeing them on the road. I live in Northern California (near Sacramento) and, since I purchased my car on September 4, 2015, I have seen two CX-3s. Yup, Just two. What's been your experience? I wonder how sales have been in the US...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 Old 01-27-2016, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
I've only seen 3 on the roads since being released. I'm surprised as those in and around Seattle love small AWD crossovers.

That being said, I've been out of the country a bit and only have 900 miles in 4 months so I've not been out much to see them

I have seen about 7-8 in Tokyo!
DebbieinNorCal likes this.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 62 Old 01-27-2016, 05:20 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
I've only seen 2 or 3 others here in Milwaukee. One local Soul Red one I've seen around a couple times.

post #4 of 62 Old 01-27-2016, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Tokyo doesn't count. I've got almost 3000 miles on mine. It surprises me that I don't see more but those that see mine almost always comment on it.
post #5 of 62 Old 01-27-2016, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
I only saw one other, a dynamic blue, in northern Virginia.
post #6 of 62 Old 01-27-2016, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I've only seen one here in Massachusetts. I beeped as I drove by, but the woman driving seemed clueless.
post #7 of 62 Old 01-27-2016, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Being Canadian, I can't speak for U.S. cars, but in Southern Ontario, Canada the only CX3s that I have seen are in or around the small community close to where I live (Milton, Ontario). I have not seen even one in the big smoke (Toronto) or on the major highways here. Strange! But when I got one of the first Subaru Foresters back in 1999, there were so few that we would greet each other on sight by flicking lights or giving a honk on the horn. I can't even do that with the CX3 because there aren’t any others in sight.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 62 Old 01-27-2016, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Vancouver

I've only had mine for about a week but i've only seen two others on the road in Vancouver, BC. Both in Dynamic blue.
post #9 of 62 Old 01-27-2016, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Being Canadian, I can't speak for U.S. cars, but in Southern Ontario, Canada the only CX3s that I have seen are in or around the small community close to where I live (Milton, Ontario). I have not seen even one in the big smoke (Toronto) or on the major highways here. Strange! But when I got one of the first Subaru Foresters back in 1999, there were so few that we would greet each other on sight by flicking lights or giving a honk on the horn. I can't even do that with the CX3 because there arenít any others in sight.
the CX 3 is a low-volume car here in Toronto, I have seen around 3 in the last month. the Mazda 3 (both sedan and hatch) and the CX 5 are much greater in numbers

2016 Dynamic Blue CX-3 GT ... 2005 Titanium Grey RX-8 GT
post #10 of 62 Old 01-27-2016, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
I've seen one in the northern Illinois area. It was night time and the CX3 was behind me. I thought it was a CX3 based on the unique headlights in my rear view mirror. At a light the vehicle pulled beside me in the left turn lane. We lowered our windows and complimented each other on our choices. I would have expected to see more by now.

Ceramic GT, AWD, 18% Window Tint, Matte Black Enkei Raijin 18x8 with Black Spline Drive Lugs, 225/45R18 Michelin AS3, All Weather Floor/Cargo Mat, Splash Guards, De-Badged Tailgate, Black Plastic-Dip Accents

Last edited by OneLyveWyre; 01-27-2016 at 09:06 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode