User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 01-21-2016, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No blind spot warning sound

Hi. I have owned my GT for about a week and just noticed there is no warning sound when the blind spot monitor goes off. I have it set to high but I hear nothing. I even tried setting the alert to low but that didn't work either. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-21-2016, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
You only get the warning if you move close to something when it is in the blind spot - sorry if you know that!!!

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. 2018 anchorman

.........and another thing"
post #3 of 14 Old 01-21-2016, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
From my experience, you need to have the side mirror warning illuminated indicating a vehicle is in the blindspot, then activate the turn signal as if you're going to turn. That is the only time the sound goes off.
santa likes this.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 14 Old 01-21-2016, 11:16 AM

Also, the vehicle must be going a certain speed before it starts to alert.

Do you see the indicator in the mirror flashing?
post #5 of 14 Old 01-21-2016, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Aha! I have not tried using my signal light when I see the warning. That is the answer! Thank you!

I was confused about this since the GT I test drove had the lane departure warning system that lit up and chimed at the same time.

Thanks again guys!
post #6 of 14 Old 01-21-2016, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
To test if the system is working: While driving on the highway, with a vehicle on your left which has illuminated the yellow blind spot light on the side view mirror, turn on your left directional turn signal. The system should start chirping. Check the Owners Manual Personalization features Section 9-10 to customize the warning.

Ceramic GT, AWD, 18% Window Tint, Matte Black Enkei Raijin 18x8 with Black Spline Drive Lugs, 225/45R18 Michelin AS3, All Weather Floor/Cargo Mat, Splash Guards, De-Badged Tailgate, Black Plastic-Dip Accents
post #7 of 14 Old 01-21-2016, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Being old school, I am not a fan of all the driving nannies. Lane departure, automatic braking, vehicle stability control, traction control, laser this, laser that... However I do like the blind spot warning. It works very well. The auto manufacturers developed blind spot monitoring just in time for the American driving public as many drivers have become too fat to turn their head around.

Ceramic GT, AWD, 18% Window Tint, Matte Black Enkei Raijin 18x8 with Black Spline Drive Lugs, 225/45R18 Michelin AS3, All Weather Floor/Cargo Mat, Splash Guards, De-Badged Tailgate, Black Plastic-Dip Accents
post #8 of 14 Old 01-21-2016, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
Yep you must have the turn signal activated, otherwise it would be pretty annoying if it beeped every time a car went into your blind spot!
post #9 of 14 Old 01-21-2016, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLyveWyre View Post
Being old school, I am not a fan of all the driving nannies. Lane departure, automatic braking, vehicle stability control, traction control, laser this, laser that... However I do like the blind spot warning. It works very well. The auto manufacturers developed blind spot monitoring just in time for the American driving public as many drivers have become too fat to turn their head around.
I'm with you. I test drove a GT model with all the (literal) bells and whistles and I found them distracting and annoying. Particularly, the lane departure warning was the most obnoxious, IMHO. Did it's job, but when I tried intentionally to make it go off, it wouldn't.

I ended up with the Touring model, so I just have the BSM, which I like, but even that still annoys me sometimes as it will with some regularity register false positives and give me warnings due to traffic moving behind me like when I make a turn, for example. The system is working as intended, but I wish it had just a little more intelligence built in.
post #10 of 14 Old 01-21-2016, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
You can adjust the sound of most bells and whistles. You can also adjust the sensitivity of the lane departure warning so its less intrusive. Note, it also only works over a certain speed.

I got the nanny package and am glad I did (rain sensing wipers!). Lower insurance, higher resale and I really like the rear cross traffic alert. Great for backing out between large trucks and SUVs. I also appreciate the blind spot monitoring notices bicyclists. Its a great safety feature for them.
greaseman85 likes this.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode