Sudden acceleration - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 12-31-2015, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sudden acceleration

I just bough a CX3 touring AWD this month. Recently I always feel a sudden acceleration at low speed or around 20 mpg. Is there a transmission problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 12-31-2015, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoindy View Post
I just bough a CX3 touring AWD this month. Recently I always feel a sudden acceleration at low speed or around 20 mpg. Is there a transmission problem?
To start with, welcome to the forum.

Can you describe the exact symptoms of this acceleration please. For example, does it do it when it changes gear and by how much does it accelerate? Does your car have I Active Sense regenerative braking?

I can tell you that nobody else has raised this concern so far.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. 2018 anchorman

.........and another thing"
post #3 of 23 Old 12-31-2015, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
I have not experienced a sudden acceleration event.

Ceramic GT, AWD, 18% Window Tint, Matte Black Enkei Raijin 18x8 with Black Spline Drive Lugs, 225/45R18 Michelin AS3, All Weather Floor/Cargo Mat, Splash Guards, De-Badged Tailgate, Black Plastic-Dip Accents

post #4 of 23 Old 12-31-2015, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Are you pressing down progressively harder on the throttle at all? Or pressure is the same (i.e. no change)

I noticed in the first 2-300 KMs on the car, the computer was very slow in down shifting when i needed more power. I would stomp on the throttle and it would only register maybe 1.5 seconds later, downshifting and a sudden spike in RPMs. Not sure if this is what you were describing.

If there was no change in throttle input, you may want to bring it in to get checked.

2016 Dynamic Blue CX-3 GT ... 2005 Titanium Grey RX-8 GT
post #5 of 23 Old 12-31-2015, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the reply. When I push the throttle at the same pressure, there is a sudden acceleration around 20 mpg or even lower. The acceleration is so sudden that I feel like being pushed back the seat.
I didn't pay attention to instrument panel when this happened, and I am not sure about the I Active Sense regenerative braking.
post #6 of 23 Old 12-31-2015, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Thank you! There is no change in throttle input. I will bring my car to a mazda service center to get checked, and let everyone know what the technician say.
post #7 of 23 Old 12-31-2015, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
It's a drive by wire system that has a potentiometer at the accelerator pedal and a stepper motor that responds in the air intake. It is possible that it isn't calibrated properly. Might be worth trying a demonstrator at the dealer for comparison too.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. 2018 anchorman

.........and another thing"
post #8 of 23 Old 01-01-2016, 05:59 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely try a demonstrator to compare. I booked an appointment on Jan 2nd. I keep everyone posted.
post #9 of 23 Old 01-28-2016, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

I bought a CX-3 on December 31st! All was ok till yesterday morning! I drove from home to work for 20 minutes and I entered parking lot with may be 15 miles an hour! I made my 90 degree turn into parking stall and pushed the brake to fully stop! Car almost stopped but suddenly something weird happened and car suddenly accelerated! And it stopped by hitting the snow bank and another car! I called Mazda; they are reviewing the case and car! I am shocked and very scared!
post #10 of 23 Old 01-28-2016, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Thank you! There is no change in throttle input. I will bring my car to a mazda service center to get checked, and let everyone know what the technician say.
Just curious but have you tried it in the manual mode to see if it is any different?

I have put about 1100km on my car and haven't noticed these issues BUT I use the manual mode fairly frequently.

Tags
sudden acceleration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode