User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 12-15-2015, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
CX-3 Differences

Is there a document/overview that shows the differences between the CX-3 from country to country?

In Norway we have the option of 2WD with diesel/petrol/automatic/manual, and 4WD with diesel/petrol/automatic

We have i-Eloop, i-Activesense and i-Stop. But none of the models have a sunroof option.

Mazda CX-3 2016 Optimum 150hp petrol AWD Automatic transmission with Deep Crystal Blue colour
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 12-15-2015, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
It's a good question but I don't believe so.

The spec for each country is determined by the head office or importer.

Basically the factory will build anything that meets legislation and the marketing guys believe they can sell.

It would be nice if they asked us what we want once in a while. In a while this forum will be so big, they will find it difficult to ignore us.
osterga and Bosse like this.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"
post #3 of 22 Old 12-15-2015, 11:35 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Resistance is futile
Cyclone1410 and anchorman like this.

post #4 of 22 Old 12-16-2015, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovaku View Post
Is there a document/overview that shows the differences between the CX-3 from country to country?

In Norway we have the option of 2WD with diesel/petrol/automatic/manual, and 4WD with diesel/petrol/automatic

We have i-Eloop, i-Activesense and i-Stop. But none of the models have a sunroof option.
You might be able to access country specific Mazda website for the CX3 if you do not have Geo-blocking on your internet services.

I am in Australia and I just Google Mazda followed by the country I am interested in such as: Mazda USA, Mazda France, Mazda UK and I have not been blocked from accessing other countries Mazda sites.

It is quite funny how different countries market the CX3 essentially the same car in different ways to meet local expectations.
post #5 of 22 Old 12-17-2015, 03:45 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Agreed, would be nice to have this forum provide some input at the very least with the second generation CX-3. Or perhaps develop a living document with the differences between Mazda global CX-3 production runs. I spent two days looking for a map light that never existed haha. It is very interesting that's for sure.
post #6 of 22 Old 12-17-2015, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
In Mexico, we get the racks on the roof, no AWD, we get the sunroof, the 18" rims, Nav system, no keyless entry just push to start button but we don't get and this really hurts, we don't get the LED headlights.
post #7 of 22 Old 12-17-2015, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiejuarez View Post
In Mexico, we get the racks on the roof, no AWD, we get the sunroof, the 18" rims, Nav system, no keyless entry just push to start button but we don't get and this really hurts, we don't get the LED headlights.
Welcome to the forum. That is such an odd feature set (or lack their of). I understand your pain on not getting LED headlights.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 22 Old 12-18-2015, 01:02 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Does any US version CX-3 come with auto-folding mirrors, or mirrors that you can fold in with the mirror switch? Noticed that the European versions come with mirrors that fold with a switch and can be upgraded to auto-folding. Would love to have that. Parking spaces are getting smaller and smaller to add more spaces.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT
USN Retired
post #9 of 22 Old 12-20-2015, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiejuarez View Post
Check Amazon for JDM Astar brand LED headlights (7th Gen). Almost as bright as HID and no issues (for Mazda) fits in directly for CX-3 OE bulb.
post #10 of 22 Old 12-22-2015, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sy5adm1n View Post
Does any US version CX-3 come with auto-folding mirrors, or mirrors that you can fold in with the mirror switch? Noticed that the European versions come with mirrors that fold with a switch and can be upgraded to auto-folding. Would love to have that. Parking spaces are getting smaller and smaller to add more spaces.
No, the U.S. CX-3 doesnít have it. You can fold the outside mirrors manually but not remotely using an interior electrical switch. Actually, the outside mirrors donít ďfoldĒ. They rotate. I have a narrow garage and would gladly pay for power folding mirrors if they were available.

European models probably have power folding mirrors because roads and parking spaces there are narrower.

Itís possible that power folding mirrors can be added to a future U.S. CX-3 model year as an enhancement. It wonít do you any good though because you already have a CX-3. I suspect auto makers like to remove features from a newly designed first year model. Auto makers are afraid that people will stop buying a model if they donít continually make changes to it for each succeeding model year. So itís possible that power folding mirrors will be added for an upcoming model year. Auto makers map out years in advance what new features will be added to a car for each upcoming year.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode