Cx-3 automatically starts when I walk away - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 12-04-2019, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cx-3 automatically starts when I walk away

Hey guys, new to this forum. My fiancé has a 2018 cx-3 touring AWD. So it's not all the time but occasionally we will get out of the car and start to walk away...while we are walking away we hear the car start up in confusion?! I looked up the remote start and how it works with Mazda keys. I gave that process a shot multiple times with no success (pressing the lock button until horn goes off twice). I have noticed this issue randomly occurs when I run back to the cx-3 for a brief moment to grab something. I unlock the car, get what I need then walk off and lock the car and it starts up?! I'm at a loss, any ideas of what could be going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-05-2019, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Garage
That's a new one to me. You'll probably need to take it to a dealer to have them look at it.

2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black
2017 MX-5 RF Launch Edition
2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!) -- SOLD!

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-05-2019, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
I feel like this would be most likely directly related to the key fob if you have the remote start built into it (2016 was a much more simpler time for my model). Seems like theres either a sticky button contact under the plastic or maybe a wiring defect in the fob which is uncommon but can happen in assembly production. See if it happens with the other keyfob for a few days. Still definitly take it in to get it looked at but I have a feeling its a fob issue, because if its not then theres alot of work they have to do to see what wiring is messed up internally in the cx3.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car

post #4 of 4 Old 12-16-2019, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Well, I had a weird... Similar maybe... Event the other day. 2019 Touring. No remote start. Got in, sat down, hit the brakes... And the engine started. As soon as it did, it started beeping and flashing the red "no key detected" indicator... Even though it was in my pocket. I sat there very confused for a second, shut it off, then turned it back on. No issue. Got out with my key, it beeped, got back in, it stopped. No idea. Maybe gremlins. It has yet to do it while I'm walking away, though sometimes the auto lock doesn't work.