User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-24-2019, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Question AC Condenser Replacement

Hi everyone,

I have a 2016 CX-3 touring that needs a new AC Condenser (it has two large holes in it from rocks apparently) and was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue, and if so, if you know a reliable 3rd party site for purchasing the replacement part? Also would be helpful to know how much others have paid to have it replaced - I've been getting quotes anywhere from $500-$1000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-24-2019, 08:01 PM

Hey there, had same problem with my 2016 Gt. The dealer was kind enough to take care of it for free because I always go there for my ol changes. If that's the case with you, maybe they will be kind enough to take care of it too. Service bulletin >MSP50. Good luck.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-24-2019, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark View Post
Hey there, had same problem with my 2016 Gt. The dealer was kind enough to take care of it for free because I always go there for my ol changes. If that's the case with you, maybe they will be kind enough to take care of it too. Service bulletin >MSP50. Good luck.
I bought mine used from a small independent dealer, so I don't believe Mazda will pay for that unfortunately.

post #4 of 8 Old 07-24-2019, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I called Mazda because my AC felt like it was not working. The lady on the phone then told me there was actually a recall on the AC condenser specifically. I dont know if it was because there was a recall, or because I am still under warranty. But I paid nothing!!! I would call your local Mazda and see if the recall is listed for your vehicle and see if you have to pay at all.

I also bought mine from a Hyundai dealership, no Mazda. Regardless, they didn’t ask on the phone when they told me to bring it in for the recall.

Last edited by Justinames; 07-24-2019 at 10:48 PM.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-25-2019, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cash_g View Post
Hi everyone,

I have a 2016 CX-3 touring that needs a new AC Condenser (it has two large holes in it from rocks apparently) and was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue, and if so, if you know a reliable 3rd party site for purchasing the replacement part? Also would be helpful to know how much others have paid to have it replaced - I've been getting quotes anywhere from $500-$1000.
Other replies on this thread seem to be talking about condenser leak failures due to faulty manufacture which Mazda have replaced whilst the car is under warranty. I haven't seen on here anyone saying they'd had similar problems with holes made by rocks, although it is potentially a problem due to the location of the condenser. I have seen a thread where someone was talking about fixing some kind of chicken wire in front of the condenser to prevent rock damage, but I don't know if they went ahead with it. You might want to consider this once you've got yours fixed.

I'm guessing you are located somewhere in the USA as you've been quoting $ prices for having it replaced, in which case this site looks to be a very good one to purchase a new condenser - check out :-

https://www.mazdanyparts.com/v-2016-...ssor-and-lines

The condenser assembly costs $299.38 plus presumably p&p. You might be able to fix it in place yourself if you are mechanically competent, or get a local garage to do it at labour rates far less than a Mazda dealer would charge. All the best

2016 Sport Nav 2.0 Petrol Automatic Arctic White plus options
post #6 of 8 Old 08-01-2019, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cash_g View Post
Hi everyone,

Hi, I also had the same issue with a used 16' CX-3 Touring. I purchased an ac condenser from JcWhitney.com and it fit perfect. You have to remove the radiator so draining of the coolant has to be done. I then just went through the proper steps to refill and recharge and it blows nice cold air-even at an idle!!

I did go one step further and put a 1/4" galvanized mesh screen in front of the condenser farther up so rocks will not do this again.

Cost was around $200 with radiator, coolant and refrigerant.

Dave
post #7 of 8 Old 08-01-2019, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer2 View Post
Hi, I also had the same issue with a used 16' CX-3 Touring. I purchased an ac condenser from JcWhitney.com and it fit perfect. You have to remove the radiator so draining of the coolant has to be done. I then just went through the proper steps to refill and recharge and it blows nice cold air-even at an idle!!

I did go one step further and put a 1/4" galvanized mesh screen in front of the condenser farther up so rocks will not do this again.

Cost was around $200 with radiator, coolant and refrigerant.

Dave
Dave,

Have you got any photos showing where and how you fixed that mesh screen in front of the condenser?

2016 Sport Nav 2.0 Petrol Automatic Arctic White plus options
post #8 of 8 Old 08-02-2019, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by st3v3cx-3 View Post
Dave,

Have you got any photos showing where and how you fixed that mesh screen in front of the condenser?
I do not have pictures while I was doing the install of it but I can get some pictures of it in later today.
When I had the condenser / radiator out it was straight forward on placing a 24" x 14" - I believe in front of where the condenser would start and I zip tied it to the core support frame in spots. Pretty easy to do. I was actually looking for plastic screening but could not find the 1/4" holes in it to let enough air through for cooling.

Dave

Tags
ac condenser , ac not working , climate control , cx3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode