1Likes
  • 1 Post By tonywaylett

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-20-2019, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Durability tires, wheels, and suspension

I hit a rut that crossed the road thanks to a utility company that took the steel plate off the road. It was maybe a foot wide and 10" deep. I was doing about 25-30 mph. After I got to work I checked the tires, wheels and underbody for damage and didn't see anything. It's been a couple of days and still all feels fine. I was impressed. I have the 18" wheels and low profile tires and thought for sure I may have cracked one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-21-2019, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Thankfully oem wheels are usually manufactured to be more durable and stronger than regular basic gravity cast aftermarket wheels people tend to slap on for 'looks'. I know nissan even advertised forged wheels in some model trims a while back. Generally hitting something of that size and depth would have most definitly taken out the wheel if not damaged the control arm and surrounding parts (have done this in the past )but the speed might have been just enough so all you really did was maybe an inch of contact on the lip of the hole making it similar to hitting a slightly raised steel plate/sewer hole cover etc.
Now I only wish they made more stylish steel wheels instead of the same atrocious design to be covered up lol

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car
post #3 of 4 Old 08-07-2019, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I drove the CX3 up on the ramps last night and looked over everything the best I could and didn't see any damage on the control arms, wheels, anything I could think of. The bottom of the car did not make contact with the street. I guess everything is okay. I take it in 2 weeks for my service check and oil change. I think I'll tell the incident to the service manager and let them take a look. Watch them find something to try and make some $$$ off me!

post #4 of 4 Old 08-23-2019, 02:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Joetta Byerly View Post
I hit a rut that crossed the road thanks to a utility company that took the steel plate off the road. It was maybe a foot wide and 10" deep. I was doing about 25-30 mph. After I got to {sneaky link deleted} work I checked the tires, wheels and underbody for damage and didn't see anything. It's been a couple of days and still all feels fine. I was impressed. I have the 18" wheels and low profile tires and thought for sure I may have cracked one.
That's impressive.

MOD EDIT: I'm 99% certain you're a spammer.
DTRAIN619 likes this.

Last edited by NotAPreppie; 08-23-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode