Cannot find safety features on screen - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-07-2019, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cannot find safety features on screen

Hi, i just lease a 2017 mazda cx3, and i notice in the safety section on may screen that none of the safety features like lane assist and blind spot monitoring settings are located? Does it mean that my car in not loaded with it or do i need to do something to set it up
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-07-2019, 01:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I owned a 2017 CX-3 for two-and-a-half-years. I had the top trim (Grand Touring) with the optional i-Activsense package. I had all the safety features which were offered for a 2017 CX-3. I had lane-departure warning (assist was not offered for any 2017 CX-3-at least here in the US). Do you have the GT (or comparable trim if you're not located in the USA)? For 2017 in this market, the two lower trims did not offer i-Activsense. In any case, you can tell if yours has the i-Activsense by looking around at the rear-view mirror at the center inside the windshield. The i-Activsense would be a large cluster of sensors and a camera contained in a box around the base of that rear-view mirror attached to the windshield. I forgot if the lower trims (Sport and Touring) offered blind-spot monitoring in 2017-I think the 2019s do now. If you do have that, then the features should default to "on" every time you start the car. To check, go to the center infotainment Mazda-Connect screen and tab to "safety" where you can check how the features are setup. Good luck in any case.

'Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

2019 CX-5 Signature Sonic Silver

2017 CX-3 Titanium Mica on Black GT AWD w/i-Activsense (Retired)
post #3 of 3 Old 07-08-2019, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Garage
First, where are you located? Different markets had different options/features available.

If I had to guess, I'd say your car wasn't equipped with the extra safety features. You can tell if it has the full i-ActiveSense package if you have a big plastic barnacle on the windshield where the rear-view mirror attaches to the glass. If you remove the plastic cover or look at it from the outside, it will have a number of sensors located there. Also, the radar cruise control uses a transceiver behind the Mazda emblem on the front grill. On cars equipped with the emitter, the emblem will have a smooth and flat face. If it doesn't have that transceiver, the emblem will be contoured.

2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black
2017 MX-5 RF Launch Edition
2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!) -- SOLD!

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode