I was MAD at Mazda Nav on my 2019 CX-3 - Page 2 - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 Old 07-10-2019, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Everyone should keep in mind that although we all do it from time to time, running the car on a near-empty tank puts a workload on the fuel pump and over time will decrease the life of it. A garage will tell you to fill up ever time you get below half way but with our small tanks we'd be stopping a lot. Just some advice, I plan on keeping my 2019 GT for a very long time so I try not to let it get too low. Also with the nav, it may not be quite as good as google maps but for those who have to watch their mobile data it's decent, I've never had any issues. Also my dealer will always update it when an update is available when I'm getting my oil changed, no charge.
Jroper likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 07-11-2019, 04:07 AM
Banned

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox111 View Post
I wish I have Apple Carplay on this 2019 CX-3.
We did not buy the Mazda Navigation option, firefox111, but our car did come with Android Auto.

My first navigation system was a Garmin which worked okay but the maps were always out of date by months even if they had been freshly downloaded. Most navigation systems are like that. We took the advice of a young former student of mine and bought a cheap smartphone and downloaded Google Maps. The phone does not need to have a SIM card but does need an SD card to store the maps offline. After downloading Google Maps I then told the software which areas to download and it stored the map data for those areas on the SD card for offline use. Now it works fine for navigation and is always more up to date than my Garmin ever was. With Android Auto in the phone the maps will display on the car screen but we rarely use that feature since Google Maps on the phone can give turn by turn directions while showing the map on the phone's screen. That works well for us.

I hope that some day other navigation systems like Mazda's will find a way to be as current as Google Maps usually are.
post #13 of 14 Old 07-18-2019, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I use Apple maps on my 2016 cx3 with car play and like it better.I believe Mazda uses a third party for there maps.

post #14 of 14 Old 07-27-2019, 03:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Grumpy old man chiming in....

I have a black 2017 Touring model FWD and have never had a problem regarding the gas tank volume. On the freeway I regularly get 35-38 MPG which translates to up to 380 miles on 10 gallons. More than enough for me since that's at least 4-5 hours of driving time. To paraphrase Groucho Marx, I enjoy driving but I like to get out the car once in a while.

I bought a navigation plugin for $39 on Amazon - does it work well? Hell, no! I hate it - it zooms in and won't go back out, it's hard to configure and I find myself just using google maps on my phone.... when I use navigation. Personally, I prefer road maps - they show secondary roads and other obscure places more accurately than google. I've missed obvious shortcuts by relying on google - don't ask me about google's route to Eureka Dunes in Death Valley last year! I wound up on a dirt mountain road going in the wrong direction!
ghmpm likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode