• 1 Post By Turbo100

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-07-2019, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How are the Mazda CX 3 2019?

Hi everyone, my girlfriend and I are in the market for a modern crossover. We did most of our research on the 2018 selections such as toyota's ch r, Honda, HR V,..so on and so forth. Apparently I'm an idiot cause 2019 selection comes out this month and with it another line to research. Unfortunately there aren't many reviews for the new CX 3 so I was wondering if anyone could chime in. I'm a fan of some inro.in/gotomeeting/ inro.in/irfanview/ inro.in/town-of-salem/ interior changes and don't see much else changed with their engine/skyactive tech. How are your experiences? Is there a perk in the 2019 model that is cutting edge to this years technology?

Thanks in advanced, first time poster for the sub!

Last edited by PetterJhon; 01-08-2019 at 05:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-08-2019, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Car shopping is always a fun/frustrating time haha and welcome.

Personally I would look at what is absolutely necessary and required of the car which in my case would be no cvt transmission, fuel efficient, awd, and physical e-brake. Other perks such as radar cruise control sound fun and all but I never use cruise control and probably never will in my life so I cant see the extra tech packages being useful besides just another piece of electronics to go bad eventually.

Since 2016 model cx-3 (first year release) mazda has had some bumps and issues but theyve been somewhat addressed in the later models. 2 of the biggest annoyances of the early models were the ac system condenser(evaporator?) welds being poor causing a leak that drains all cooling capabilities that may happen just as you end warranty. The other big issue I can recall was the infotainment system restarting during cold temps which, after replacing 80% of the entire center console tech and damaging my dash trim, ended up being the sd navigation card reader. Other frustrations are random dash trim vibrations near the A-pillar, low ground clearance that is hard to realize because the lower black trim bamboozles the eye to thinking the car is higher than it really is. Even with these minor annoyances I wouldnt trade it for anything else in their line up. Handling is much more responsive than mazda's cx-5+, 3 and 6 based on the number of loaners Ive driven.

The biggest benefit of the 2019 model you will find is the arm rest setup. Having it integrated as part of the center area is much more stable and better feel than the cheap plastic overhang-over-cupholder piece us lower model commoners have. However this comes with the replacement of the manual e-brake lever to a digital button.

Going back to the beginning question of what I require in a car, the inclusion of the new tech and removal of the e-brake is a deal breaker for me and would probably limit me to getting a 2018 cx-3 if I had to decide but this is just personal preference. That and I also absolutely despise any sort of "tech" that shuts off the engine when I am pulling to a light and then turns it back on when I release the brake.

I would suggest you begin a requirements list of your own in deciding which year is more optimal for your needs and keep in mind that just because 2019 is new and exciting that does not mean it is immune to any issues that may show up down the line. I dont want to seem like a downer for the cx-3 by just listing its cons but its better to know what to expect than to completely regret a purchase because of issues you were not made aware of. Toyota and honda will have their own laundry list of issues as well.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car
post #3 of 4 Old 01-08-2019, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Also try to get one with led projector headlights or ask to have it installed from the dealer as a condition of purchase if possible. The difference is really noticeable as the halogen reflector headlights were notoriously bad on the cx-3.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car

post #4 of 4 Old 01-08-2019, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
We recently bought a new CX-3, the projector headlights are very good, really like them, also we added the "Safety Pack" that controls the headlights with auto dipping, they are fantastic, and they look around bends casting more useful light in the area you are traveling into, really useful.
The bulbs act totally independent to one another, much like chameleons eyes, fascinating to watch them in action.
Stokers Rule likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode