15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 Old 09-15-2018, 03:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
CX-3 Apple CarPlay/Android Auto retrofit

Contacted local dealer and was told parts aren't even in yet. Told me to check in again early Dec.

https://www.mazda.ca/en/inside-mazda...-android-auto/

Launching in the month of September, Mazda Canada will begin offering Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ as a Genuine Mazda Accessory for the 2018 MAZDA6 and 2019 Mazda CX-3 at a special price of $250**. This promotion will only be available for models built prior to the production change as of September 1. Starting in November, 2018 MAZDA6 and 2019 CX-3 models will begin to arrive at dealerships with this technology included as standard equipment.

Both mobile device connectivity technologies first appeared this Summer in the 2019 CX-9 and will be standard in all 2019 vehicles with the exception of the 2019 MX-5.

Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ will enable drivers and passengers to access phone applications through the MAZDA CONNECT infotainment system, making staying informed and entertained effortless while you experience an unparalleled sense of connection to the road. Drivers can switch between different user interfaces and manage the different capabilities of each technology with ease thanks to the Mazda HMI Commander.

Retrofit options for older model year Mazda vehicles with the MAZDA CONNECT infotainment system will become available later this Fall for a price of approximately $443.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 Old 09-15-2018, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
$443 ... “Yeah, that’s nominal”
SlyCoopers likes this.

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.
post #3 of 62 Old 09-15-2018, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
that's enough to make me ponder alternate solutions

a popular thread at mazda3revolution.com talks about

https://mazdatweaks.com/

looks promising so far... I'll bet my dealer gave me a "free" firmware upgrade

to serial or no to serial.... that is the question

wouldn't bother me if there was honesty up front .. $500 on a $30k car isn't much.

might annoy the living shit out of local parts counters for my 2019 Mazda CX-3 retrofit kit.

Give em a serial number off a car on their lot

damaging to the brand "in my opinion"
SlyCoopers likes this.

2016 Soul Red CX-3 GT with technology package (Canadian specs)

Type: DOHC-16V in-line, 4-cylinder
Bore × Stroke: 83.5 × 91.2 mm (3.29 × 3.59 in)
Displacement: 1,997.6 ml (1,997.6 cc)
Compression ratio: 13.0

Last edited by Dean; 09-15-2018 at 12:58 PM. Reason: human error

post #4 of 62 Old 09-15-2018, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Yea.. having a GT with gps already I cant see any benefit justifying android auto except for bragging rights to passengers which is pointless since most other cars now already come with it. At most I use my phone through bluetooth music which is way more convenient than plugging in and connecting my phone and opening the settings every single time. Car can already make calls through bluetooth and last thing I want is my messages to show up to my passengers especially while im driving.

I think the biggest d- move is the fact that all dealers here and even mazda kept saying "android auto is coming soon, just wait for it and itl be ready for your car too " yet now that its out only the new models get the "premium discount" while we are hit with $400+ charge. There were some dealers here that promised me it would be included with the purchase as mazda would just push a software update to activate it. I almost believed this seeing as people were "hacking" the infotainment system to run android auto on it. Also fairly certain that dealers will push the price to 500+ citing additional things, fees, and labor needed etc. Lol that price is making my aftermarket android headunit idea looking cheaper and more efficient by the day.
Jason442 likes this.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car
post #5 of 62 Old 09-15-2018, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Jeez..
-
Q: How long does the 2018 MAZDA6 and 2019 CX-3 Retrofit program run for?
A: The $250 offer will be available until February 2019.
-
So basically "hurry up bois and get it while its hot otherwise we will charge you even more if you wait"

Marketing perfection imo

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car
post #6 of 62 Old 09-16-2018, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyCoopers View Post
Jeez..
-
Q: How long does the 2018 MAZDA6 and 2019 CX-3 Retrofit program run for?
A: The $250 offer will be available until February 2019.
-
So basically "hurry up bois and get it while its hot otherwise we will charge you even more if you wait"

Marketing perfection imo
The funny thing is when I called my dealer, they said they don't even have the parts yet and don't expect to get it before Dec. I was like what the $%^&*......
post #7 of 62 Old 09-16-2018, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyCoopers View Post
Yea.. having a GT with gps already I cant see any benefit justifying android auto except for bragging rights to passengers which is pointless since most other cars now already come with it. At most I use my phone through bluetooth music which is way more convenient than plugging in and connecting my phone and opening the settings every single time. Car can already make calls through bluetooth and last thing I want is my messages to show up to my passengers especially while im driving.

I think the biggest d- move is the fact that all dealers here and even mazda kept saying "android auto is coming soon, just wait for it and itl be ready for your car too " yet now that its out only the new models get the "premium discount" while we are hit with $400+ charge. There were some dealers here that promised me it would be included with the purchase as mazda would just push a software update to activate it. I almost believed this seeing as people were "hacking" the infotainment system to run android auto on it. Also fairly certain that dealers will push the price to 500+ citing additional things, fees, and labor needed etc. Lol that price is making my aftermarket android headunit idea looking cheaper and more efficient by the day.
I have a GT with navi too. The only benefit for me is the USB module upgrade means I can finally charge my phone without a cigarette lighter charger. But I really can't justify spending 250 just so I can charge my phone with the built-in USB ports. Orz
post #8 of 62 Old 09-16-2018, 03:20 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
I had assumed my iPhone FLAC apps would play thru the USB ... no fat32, no Bluetooth, and no mp3, for that matter.

Correct?

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.
post #9 of 62 Old 09-16-2018, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
The benefit would be a navigation system that is not the MAZDA one.. you know with the chargeable updates!!

2016 Soul Red CX-3 GT with technology package (Canadian specs)

Type: DOHC-16V in-line, 4-cylinder
Bore × Stroke: 83.5 × 91.2 mm (3.29 × 3.59 in)
Displacement: 1,997.6 ml (1,997.6 cc)
Compression ratio: 13.0
post #10 of 62 Old 09-17-2018, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Garage
The big benefit of CP/AA is that it isn't the annoying, slow and limited factory NAV system. I'm not convinced the factory nav will re-route based on changing traffic conditions and I know for a fact that its route optimization is crap compared to Google Maps for my commute home (typically 10+ minutes slower over a 45 minute commute).

Also, you'll never have to update the maps stored in memory again since the Apple Maps/Waze/Google Maps are constantly being updated.

The improved integration with various apps like music streaming, podcasts, etc which display them on the screen means you don't have to look as far away from the road to interact with the system.
mainemanx and Jason442 like this.

2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black
2017 MX-5 RF Launch Edition
2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!) -- SOLD!

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode