User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 08-19-2018, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
'16 CX-3 Touring A/C Issue

Long time lurker - first time poster ... My above 2016 CX-3 A/C just went out (only 13,000 miles) which I bought used (as is) just 5 days ago . Now looks like a trip to the local Atlanta , Georgia area Mazda dealer is in order : I found the Evaporator TSB (revised 12/1/16) to take with me but could not find a TSB on the Condenser or Control panel issues (are there TSB's for these ?) . *Thanks in advance for replies as well as any advice from your experience with similar A/C issues how to make this topic go smoothly with the Mazda dealer. Since it is a known issue , I don't want to experience a lot of back and forth trips to the dealer or get "slow walked" by Mazda until the CX-3 is out of warranty .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 08-20-2018, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Following....
post #3 of 21 Old 09-02-2018, 10:01 PM

I am in a similar boat with my 2016 Touring I bought about 2 months ago @ 18k miles. The aircon went out within 1.5 months, my non-Mazda dealer checked (reported no leak) and refilled the system with dye added. No aircon again in 1 week, dye was reported to be all over condenser, I have an appointment at a Mazda dealer this week.

In the mean time my satnav is flaky (not sure where the car is sometimes) and so is my driver side window switch with auto up/down. Sigh....

post #4 of 21 Old 09-03-2018, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
I haven't had any A/C issues as yet, but on Friday my dealership called and left a message. They are replacing the compressor at no charge on my vehicle. I've read of condenser issues, so I'm wondering if that isn't what she meant. I'll be bringing it in next week.

2016 GS AWD with Luxury Package in Jet Black Mica

Canadian hiker, photography buff and auto enthusiast!
post #5 of 21 Old 09-03-2018, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Check with a Mazda dealer first. The A/C units on 2016 cars are being replaced under warranty by Mazda. Get in on the updated program while you can. They finally recognized that this is a design defect.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
post #6 of 21 Old 09-04-2018, 01:01 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Curious as to this as well, just out of curiosity when you say it went out do you mean its weaker or completely dead like just the fan is on? I have noticed mine getting weaker but figured it was just age, it still cools decently but since warranty time is almost up this has me worrying about it.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car
post #7 of 21 Old 09-04-2018, 10:25 AM

First, it feels a bit weak. Within 24 hours, it’s just fan. Refilling the system lasts 5~7 days for my car.
post #8 of 21 Old 09-04-2018, 05:50 PM

An update....

My Mazda dealer performed the following:
1. Install a new condenser. With a previously injected dye, it was apparent to them it was faulty. Facotry warranty item.
2. Update Satnav. Whatever the update they installed is supposed to fix it. Hopefully it won't report that I am roaming through a town 2000+ miles away on water. Also covered under the factory warranty.
3. Window Auto Up/Down was not fixed since they could not reproduce it. It's flaky..., it'll break, hopefully before the warranty runs out.

As the tech was finishing a job, they texted me a short video of what work was done to address each issue. The video started from the back of the vehicle, walk around to the engine bay, show the old condenser, noting the dye all over it. I thought that was a nice touch.
post #9 of 21 Old 09-21-2018, 10:16 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Yup, had the condenser replaced this week at no charge under warranty. It made a huge difference! I hadn't realized how weak it was prior to the swap. Now I actually have to turn it down, because it's almost too cold. And it was hot out there today - almost 90F with humidity.

2016 GS AWD with Luxury Package in Jet Black Mica

Canadian hiker, photography buff and auto enthusiast!
post #10 of 21 Old 09-22-2018, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigitte View Post
Yup, had the condenser replaced this week at no charge under warranty. It made a huge difference! I hadn't realized how weak it was prior to the swap. Now I actually have to turn it down, because it's almost too cold. And it was hot out there today - almost 90F with humidity.

Took ours in too. Big difference, donít need to recirculate air to get it cool enough. No charge.
TiGrayMSM likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode