Rattling and electrical spark noise - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-29-2018, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rattling and electrical spark noise

Hi everyone, I have a 2016 CX3 which I enjoy to drive very much. However these past few weeks, I have noticed rattling noise coming from the dashboard only during certain time, specially when driving on an uneven road and it’s hard to pinpoint where the sound comes from. There is also an electrical spark sound coming under driver’s dashboard side that will start to happen at 50kmh above. The sound can be unnoticeable at times but will be noticeable once driving it for a while.

I want to take it for a warranty repair but how can I show the rattling and electrical sound to the dealer when it doesnt always make those sounds? Or is there anything I do to fix it myself. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-30-2018, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Rattling is notorious on the passenger side circular vent all the way to the tweeter and A-pillar. Unfortunatly that only gets worse as temps change with material expanding and contracting and cars going from cold winter weather to really warm heater within a short amount of time. I have had luck putting some thin foam cheap window weatherstripping and its stopped all sounds around that area, but it does require dismantling some things which is a hassle.

As for the spark, I would definitly have that looked at since I cant remember seeing anything related to that in my car or on this forum. (I lurk alot throughout the years lol).

Best of luck and let us know how it turns out.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode