Said Goodbye to CX3, "Graduated" to CX5! - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-02-2018, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Said Goodbye to CX3, "Graduated" to CX5!

Had a pretty good run with my first model avail in US, CX3 AWD GT and that being my 1st time with something close to a SUV, I decided to go a bit bigger as my lease was ending & I knew I didn't want to commit to another CX3. Besides a few near misses in snowy conditions that were terrifying & not sure why the car acted that way (posted about that previously - and saw someone else had same experience) it was mostly enjoyable to drive the CX3 and also easy to park and back into my garage. I'm obviously going to have to re-train for the latter tasks but loving the '18 CX5 GT ... so far ... and did great in its first snow today! Beautiful car in & out, Tires are so big! CX5 has all the things I missed from previous cars going to the CX3 (like auto headlights/wipers, dual climate cntrl) and then some other useful features (power liftgate, lane depart, lighted visor mirror, homelink, power seats WITH memory! Comfy so far, reaching controls less awkward and plenty of storage even in the armrest & tray fits iphone which CX3 lacks big time!)

So I think we were ready for the change. Things I miss about the CX3 - digital speedometer (I did not get premium CX5 with the heads up- CX3 GT that was standard & I can't find one on the CX5 GT .. yet if it exists but I have to read the manuals) and the screen was taller, on the CX 5 it's wider or that could be a year model thing on all of them. What I wish Mazda would do that would be extremely helpful - display which tires are low & psi reading! CX3 loved to warn me in worst weather a long way from my house that tire(s) were low & very annoying to have to check all of them & hope not a puncture.

So goodbye CX3, it's been nice- but CX5 at least doesn't let you totally give up the CX3 just adds a lot of bells & whistles (going from GT to GT) and I hope safety for me & my family. If you like your CX3 but feel like it's missing something , I'd say Test drive it when it's time for a new car!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3757_1522689856307.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	20577  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-04-2018, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats! I really like the CX-5, and want to upgrade my CX-3, but I probably won't do it until they add ventilated seats and a more powerful turbo engine, like they did with the 2018 Mazda 6.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode