Tow bar harness - how does it work with the parking sensors? - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-15-2018, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Tow bar harness - how does it work with the parking sensors?

Hello

I want to fit a tow bar to the CX-3, but unlike my previous car which had a switch on the dash to turn them off, I cannot see a way of isolating the rear sensors (redundant when towing and reversing)
I surmised in the absence of a switch that that automatically happened when the hitch cable was attached; but now not too sure

I've been in touch with my local (supplying) dealership: lovely polite people, but not much help
I firstly spoke to the man in charge of spares and accessories, he had no idea. I then approached the fitters; the guy I spoke to, answer maybe but also possibly not!

There will be, I am sure many CX3 owners on this forum who have the recommended detachable hitch fitted; so please your feedback and any advice would be appreciated

Many thanks
Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-15-2018, 03:23 PM
JPA

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Rear parking sensor cancellation can be built-in to the tow bar harness.

In my car there was an unplugged connector in the trunk area that i connected to tow bar harness.
Parking sensors are now automatically canceled when trailer cable is connected.

CX-3 2.0 SKYACTIVE-G Premium Plus 6MT AWD
post #3 of 5 Old 02-16-2018, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for this

I've just bought a space saver wheel to replace the cheapo crud gunge bottle and pump, so while I'm putting that in the rear of the car I'll have a good look around for any random connectors
I did note that yours is a more "up-market" version than mine, so may have an enhanced wiring loom? So saying to save costs most manufacturers I have found use the same loom, and simply tape up the unused bits, so maybe in luck

Just seems strange and not a little disappointing that my local Mazda dealer hasn't a clue (outside that is the price of the job!)

Richard

post #4 of 5 Old 02-16-2018, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Did I read you right? Mazda in its corporate wisdom has decided to replace the space-saving tire with a can of pressurized crud? I find this very hard to believe for a top-notch company like Mazda. The space-saving tire is pretty awful in itself and for an AWD car it could end up becoming a tranny and differential killer. But the can of crud? Give me a break!

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-16-2018, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Did I read you right? Mazda in its corporate wisdom has decided to replace the space-saving tire with a can of pressurized crud? I find this very hard to believe for a top-notch company like Mazda. The space-saving tire is pretty awful in itself and for an AWD car it could end up becoming a tranny and differential killer. But the can of crud? Give me a break!

Yes, you read that right. It is quite common these days on the majority of cars sold in the UK / Europe by most of the car manufacturers including Mazda and other Japanese makes. All part of the weight saving process to assist the fuel consumption figures which is part of the emissions testing procedure. Of course, it also saves the manufacturer money and some do sell a spare wheel and tyre as a cost option.

2016 Sport Nav 2.0 Petrol Automatic Arctic White plus options

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode