• 1 Post By Dean

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-13-2017, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Glove box noise

Anyone noticed a slight noice from the glove box area please ? Seems like something loose but nothing major . Thanks Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-14-2017, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Garage
I had some noises that sounded like they were coming from the dash. Ultimately, it ended up being my sunglasses in the overhead storage rattling around. I had my dealer take a look while I was sorting it out and they said the circular vents were rattling and replaced them under warranty. Mazda has a TSB out for the vent rattle issue if that turns out to be what you're hearing. I think Anchorman had a glovebox rattle, though, and he ended up putting some foam around the edge of the door to fix it, but made it hard to close it.

One thing that I have noticed is the plastic trim piece that sits below the glovebox right above the passenger's feet is just kind of sitting in there with a flimsy little clip that keeps it from falling out. I'm amazed that piece somehow doesn't rattle more. It fits very loose. I'd try taking that piece out and see if the rattle goes away. If that's your problem, then that should be pretty easy to shim up to fix.

One other thing is to check the upholstered trim piece on the dash above the glovebox. That piece has been known with other members here to fit loosely on some cars and cause some rattles, too. I'm not sure if Mazda has issued a TSB for that one or not.

His: 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring, Machine Grey Metallic
Hers: 2016 CX-5 Sport, FWD, Reflex Blue

Last edited by Vipre77; 10-14-2017 at 01:38 PM.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-14-2017, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
FWIW, the flimsy plastic surround above the rear view mirror can be a source of rattling.

There should have been some foam tape on the flange that contacts the windshield. Moving the enclosure by hand displays a looseness that can only be expected from a Dodge; not a Mazda...

'18 CX-3 GS AWD Soul Red (Wifey's)
'09 Cayenne GTS Black (Mine)

post #4 of 8 Old 10-15-2017, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Garage
Only the top-spec trim has that overhead module that comes up to the windshield. That's the GT only in the US. Lower trims don't have it because they don't have the fancy LIDAR-powered cruise control or lane departure cameras or auto-headlights or any of the other i-Active assist features like the automatic braking system. Have they added auto-wipers yet on the 2018 models (maybe 2017 models outside the US)? My 2007 Mazda 3 GT had the rain-sensing wipers and auto-headlights. And that was 11 model years ago.
TiGrayMSM likes this.

His: 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring, Machine Grey Metallic
Hers: 2016 CX-5 Sport, FWD, Reflex Blue
post #5 of 8 Old 10-15-2017, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipre77 View Post
Only the top-spec trim has that overhead module that comes up to the windshield. That's the GT only in the US. Lower trims don't have it because they don't have the fancy LIDAR-powered cruise control or lane departure cameras or auto-headlights or any of the other i-Active assist features like the automatic braking system. Have they added auto-wipers yet on the 2018 models (maybe 2017 models outside the US)? My 2007 Mazda 3 GT had the rain-sensing wipers and auto-headlights. And that was 11 model years ago.
auto-wipers or rain sensing began with the first model year; the "technology" package
Vipre77 likes this.

2016 Soul Red CX-3 GT with technology package (Canadian specs)

Type: DOHC-16V in-line, 4-cylinder
Bore Stroke: 83.5 91.2 mm (3.29 3.59 in)
Displacement: 1,997.6 ml (1,997.6 cc)
Compression ratio: 13.0
post #6 of 8 Old 10-17-2017, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipre77 View Post
Our CDN-spec M.Y. 2018 has the rain-sensing wipers, auto headlights, smart city brake support & blind spot monitoring as standard equipment; part of the reason why the value over Honda & Toyota made so much more sense to us when deciding on a new car.

'18 CX-3 GS AWD Soul Red (Wifey's)
'09 Cayenne GTS Black (Mine)
post #7 of 8 Old 10-30-2017, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I’m really enjoying my three week old CX-3. Its fine qualities don’t all reveal themselves at first as there have been some pleasant discoveries. But, I also noticed a rattle noise from the glove box which led me here. I’m not sure if I have the same sound as others have heard, but I was successful with eliminating mine. At first I put two pieces of Hushmat a couple of inches long on the glove box left and right where the lid comes in contact with the car but that only provided a little help in stopping the noise. I then noticed that the glove box’s small “U“ shaped steel bar, that is attached to the dash, which gets inserted in the jaws of the glove box latch made a clicking sound when I went over road bumps. The bar would hit into the back of the latch because there was some play in the connection. To fix it I cut a small piece of Hushmat, and while holding the glove box lid latch open, I placed the Hushmat evenly into the latch jaws. This really did the trick as the bar no longer can come in contact with the glove box lid. I hope the photos I’ve posted help illustrate what I did.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Door Open 1 .jpg
Views:	408
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	19281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hushmat in place 2.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	19289   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hushmat in place 3.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	19297  

2018 CX-3 GT Ceramic/Parchment Black
2016 MX-5 Launch Edition Soul Red/Tan
post #8 of 8 Old 10-31-2017, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks all for your help . I did not use the car so when I go out again with I it I have to confirm again the rattle . If I hear the rattle I will make As nick Done . Thanks All.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode