3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 09-01-2017, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
2018 US CX-3 Changes

"Every 2018 CX-3 also comes equipped with a small revision to the suspension system that welcomes new bushings, updated dampers, and a fresh set of front lower control arms, as well as Mazdaís G-Vectoring Control system... New engine mounts, thicker rear-hatch glass, and additional sound-deadening material promise to quiet down what noise, vibration, and harshness makes its way into the cabin.

The $1435 Premium package includes previously available tech... and it also features newly available items such as a power driverís seat with memory settings and a heated steering wheel."

Full update at Car and Driver here:

2018 Mazda CX-3 Sees Modest $150 Price Bump | News | Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog
DJ9999 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-01-2017, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
I was reading this the other day. Very welcome enhancements that address some of what many were wanting.
LeeBeckstar likes this.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 09-01-2017, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Interesting! It says that the 2018 version now comes with Smart City Braking. Excuse me but I was under the impression that the 2016 and 2017 models had SCB as well. I have the 2016 model and have been relying on the fact that it has SCB as part of the tech package. Maybe I have been sadly misinformed

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 Old 09-01-2017, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
There are revisions to SCBS. Maybe this is what it refers too.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"
post #5 of 13 Old 09-01-2017, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
This C&D article didn't explain the changes very well. SCBS is now available on ALL trim levels as standard equipment. C&D also didn't mention that the Touring trim also gets a number of items that were previously available on the GT only. That gauge cluster looks different also. The font's appear to be straight || instead of a swept font // I didn't read that change anywhere.

2018 Mazda CX-3 Gains New Tech, Chassis Updates - Motor Trend

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
post #6 of 13 Old 09-02-2017, 04:57 AM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Now I am really confused. I read the parts in the manual that refer to SCBS and it mentions that if you have it in your car, there should be a button below the instrument panel that lets you turn it on or off. My car has buttons only for the Blind Spot sensors, the tire pressure monitors and the lane departure warning system. No switch to turn SCBS on or off. So I am still wondering if I am missing it in my car. The sales brochure (which I still have) says the 2016 CX3 GT with Tech is supposed to come with SCBS. I don't want to test it by taking a run at a brick wall to see if the brakes are applied but I don't know of any other way to find out.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
post #7 of 13 Old 09-02-2017, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Now I am really confused. I read the parts in the manual that refer to SCBS and it mentions that if you have it in your car, there should be a button below the instrument panel that lets you turn it on or off. My car has buttons only for the Blind Spot sensors, the tire pressure monitors and the lane departure warning system. No switch to turn SCBS on or off. So I am still wondering if I am missing it in my car. The sales brochure (which I still have) says the 2016 CX3 GT with Tech is supposed to come with SCBS. I don't want to test it by taking a run at a brick wall to see if the brakes are applied but I don't know of any other way to find out.
If You don't have the actual ON/OFF button for SCBS, You should have a soft ON/OFF button in the infotainment system; tha's how it is here in Europe.

2015 Mazda CX-3 2.0 120HP Optimum Aut. Jet Black -with all the gadgets

post #8 of 13 Old 09-02-2017, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
The system in the new version works in reverse as well as forward hence its noteworthy stance. It also works at a higher speed.

Good Grammar is not a time of waste.

CX-3 Petrol
post #9 of 13 Old 09-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 227 Post(s)
GT Power Seats

"Grand Touring ... six-way power driver seat, power driver lumbar support ..."

Very nice but I wonder if the seats are any larger ... specifically if the thigh support has been extended.

In the meantime, for my ol' 2017, I'm scouring eBay for "affordable" Recaros, as installed by several Japanese enthusiasts. Note the extendable thigh support. (For English, dump the url into google translate.)

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.
post #10 of 13 Old 09-03-2017, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by santa View Post
If You don't have the actual ON/OFF button for SCBS, You should have a soft ON/OFF button in the infotainment system; tha's how it is here in Europe.
That is how it is with my '17 with on/off SCBS selection in the infotainment (under safety tab I think).

'Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

2019 CX-5 Signature Sonic Silver

2017 CX-3 Titanium Mica on Black GT AWD w/i-Activsense (Retired)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode