Parking brake handle - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-18-2017, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Parking brake handle

Looks like our CX-3 is going to pay it's first visit to the dealer for warranty work. Our driveway has an incline so when we park the car and use the handbrake it is not holding the car the way it should.

I also find that when the parking brake is released the handle has quite a bit of slop in it. You can kinda move it up like almost an inch or so before you feel the resistance from the cables pulling on the calipers to activate the brake.

So it's going in for a check. I believe there should be an adjustment to remove the slack so there is a lot less play on the handle before the cables start to activate the rear calipers to hold the car.

In comparsion my other cars have a lot less play on their parking brake handles and usually only need 3-4 clicks of the handle for the parking brake. The CX-3 right now is like 6-7 clicks.

Hopefully they can do the adjustment and the brake will work better than now. Update to follow.

Tony

T. Chan
17 CX-3 GS AWD
10 Suzuki SX4 6sp AWD
09 Z06
13 GT500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-23-2017, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Visit to dealer completed, handbrake adjusted now the car stays put on my inclined driveway.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-23-2017, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Do you also leave it in Park?

P.S. Why didn't you ask for the electronic parking brake option, and the power seats, and the ... oops, that's another thread.

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.

post #4 of 4 Old 07-29-2017, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Car is always in Park but I never put the shifter into that position until I pull the parking brake and the car stays put. The parking brake is for holding the car not the tranny.

Sometimes if you put the car in park before pulling the handbrake on a hill you run the risk of the tranny holding the car instead of your parking brake. That's usually when you feel a slight movement of the car after you are in park and you release your foot brake before using your handbrake.

I'm not a fan of all the currently electronic stuff most cars have nowadays (I do like some things and hopefully they don't crap out during ownership), less electronics to go wrong the better it is.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode