User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 07-17-2017, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Walk Away Lock

Anyone have issues with the car doors not auto locking when walking away with the key?
I have this option enabled under vehicle settings.
I'm in Canada since not everyone may have this option.

This seems to happen when one of the following occurs....

- the passenger door is the last door to be closed
- in a parking lot next to a diamond store (i assume there is some kind of interference from security devices in and around the store but it always happens when I park there)
- randomly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 18.12.03.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	18185  

Current Vehicles
2017 CX-3 GT AWD Ceramic Metallic
2016 Yamaha FZ-07

Previous Vehicles
2015 Scion FR-S
2011 Mazda2
2001 Mazda Protege5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-17-2017, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
I'd say it works for me 90% of the time. I've always thought it was the amount of force used to close the door. If it's shut lightly, it may not engage walk away locking. I've not attributed it to any door or my surroundings. I never keep walking away, I always ensure I hear the click, beep and lights flash.

Its a great feature. The downside is now I always forget to lock doors on rentals, friends cars etc.
mainemanx likes this.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
post #3 of 16 Old 07-17-2017, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9999 View Post
I'd say it works for me 90% of the time. I've always thought it was the amount of force used to close the door. If it's shut lightly, it may not engage walk away locking. I've not attributed it to any door or my surroundings. I never keep walking away, I always ensure I hear the click, beep and lights flash.

Its a great feature. The downside is now I always forget to lock doors on rentals, friends cars etc.
I hear two discernible clicks on the walk-away-lock. Occasionally, when I don't hear the second click, I give the fob a couple of punches ... until I hear the actual horn beep.

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.

post #4 of 16 Old 07-17-2017, 05:35 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
I have had my cx3 for over 1 year know and had the auto locking on since I got the car. Have worked for me 100% every time.

CX-3 Optimum 150 hp 2.0 petrol, automatic and AWD.
Meteor Grey.
post #5 of 16 Old 07-17-2017, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
There should be two clicks when you close the driver's side door and walk away from the car. The first is to alert you to the fact that all doors are properly shut and the car can now be locked and the second is when a set amount of time has occurred and that the auto locks are deploying. Mine works just fine. But as mentioned, they will not lock if the passenger doors or the trunk are the last to be closed. That is why the rubber buttons or the remote must be used to lock the car. Why Mazda in its corporate wisdom has decided on this method is a mystery to me!

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
post #6 of 16 Old 07-18-2017, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
But as mentioned, they will not lock if the passenger doors or the trunk are the last to be closed. That is why the rubber buttons or the remote must be used to lock the car. Why Mazda in its corporate wisdom has decided on this method is a mystery to me!
Interesting. My US model will walk away lock regardless of which door is the last to be close, including the hatch.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
post #7 of 16 Old 07-18-2017, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9999 View Post
Interesting. My US model will walk away lock regardless of which door is the last to be close, including the hatch.
My European works the same way.....but it doesn't work 100% of the time. On occasion it doesn't beep when the last door is closed and thus doesn't lock the doors, I just haven't figured out why yet.

2015 Mazda CX-3 2.0 120HP Optimum Aut. Jet Black -with all the gadgets

My fuel consumption average
post #8 of 16 Old 07-18-2017, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by santa View Post
My European works the same way.....but it doesn't work 100% of the time. On occasion it doesn't beep when the last door is closed and thus doesn't lock the doors, I just haven't figured out why yet.
Bit of a long shot, but I'm assuming your engine isn't in iStop mode? I've noticed this once or twice when I forgot to switch off the ignition. Another reason could be when the key is left in a jacket / coat that is still inside the car?

2016 Sport Nav 2.0 Petrol Automatic Arctic White plus options
post #9 of 16 Old 07-18-2017, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by st3v3cx-3 View Post
Bit of a long shot, but I'm assuming your engine isn't in iStop mode? I've noticed this once or twice when I forgot to switch off the ignition. Another reason could be when the key is left in a jacket / coat that is still inside the car?
Nope. iStop isn't activated and I always shutdown the engine...if I don't the HUD is still up (so that helps if I forget it).
No keys in the car.
I guess it's just one of those things...it works if I open and close a door. But I can't replicate it at will.

2015 Mazda CX-3 2.0 120HP Optimum Aut. Jet Black -with all the gadgets

My fuel consumption average
post #10 of 16 Old 07-18-2017, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by santa View Post
In my experience (USA model), I've found that if you (or rather, the key) are more than a foot or two from the car when the last door closes, it often will NOT auto-lock. In other words, for my car it doesn't matter which door is the last to close but only if ALL doors are closed while you are still within about a foot of the car will it auto-lock. If I'm in a hurry and walk away while giving the door a push to close it then it will often NOT auto-lock as I'm too far from the car when the door actually closes. Likewise, if I get out of the car before my daughter does, I need to stand next to the car until she gets out and closes her door because if I walk away before she gets out or closes her door, none of the doors will auto-lock.

2017 CX-3 Touring FWD, US Model

Last edited by MeKiwi; 07-18-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode