• 1 Post By frog8fly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-21-2017, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reverse camera problem

Hi everyone.
The reverse camera does not come on at all when the car is in reverse. It has been working fine until now. Any idea what may cause this problem? Unfortunately I can only visit a dealership after July 08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-21-2017, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Try a hard reset of the infotainment system. Switch it on and let it boot up then press and hold the mute, navy and back buttons simultaneously and keep them pressed until it boots again. It will take longer than usual. After that, it's back to the dealer if it doesn't work.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #3 of 7 Old 06-22-2017, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

Thank you anchorman. I didn't do a thing but today the camera is working again. Yesterday it didn't work at all. I will do the hard reset tomorrow anyway as I was in a rush today.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-22-2017, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkam View Post
Thank you anchorman. I didn't do a thing but today the camera is working again. Yesterday it didn't work at all. I will do the hard reset tomorrow anyway as I was in a rush today.
Of course my auto correct has intervened again and navy should read navi!

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #5 of 7 Old 06-22-2017, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
The same thing happened to me (sudden failure of the backup camera). I seemed to have cured it by simply stepping out, opening the hatch and then slamming it shut (and I mean SLAMMING!) It has worked fine ever since. My take on this is that there must be one of those intermittent faults that can sometimes be put back in order by a good kick or slam or even a well placed curse! (but probably not the curse). Also, make sure that your CMU is updated to the most recent computer firmware (here in Canada it is version 59.00.502)
Sarah and dorrus like this.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Geezer; 06-22-2017 at 09:48 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-22-2017, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

I took my car to a dealer today as my plans changed and I am staying in the city.
The software got updated to the latest version. I hope this fixes the camera issue. I also complained about the A/C not cooling down the car to my satisfaction so they added some gas and also some dye to watch for any leaks. I am picking up car tomorrow morning
post #7 of 7 Old 01-07-2019, 09:49 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hi all,
I too have just started to have intermittent reverse camera failures. I have done the hard reset to no avail. The slamming of the hatch with force seems to help if done hard enough, just worried that over time might damage something. Have not tried cursing because cars have feelings too. I am suspecting a loose or corroded connection. I have searched the web for instructions on how to remove the camera and found nothing. Would someone here have detailed instructions, maybe anchorman ? I'm still under warranty until July 2019 so if necessary will book an apt but since it is not constant will be difficult to get any service. Thanks in advance. Andrew
Sarah likes this.

2016 CX-3 GX Sport Auto AWD Meteor Grey
2011 Honda Fit DXA White
Canada

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode