User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-29-2017, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yakima roof racks

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here (don't own a CX-3, yet) and have a few questions. I may be purchasing a 2017 CX-3 in the near future if the news of my beloved Element SC's transmission issue isn't positive. So, that leads me to my main question. I do a lot of camping, biking, and more commonly, Kayaking. I currently have a full Yakima set up for my Element and I'm wondering if the CX-3 uses a hard point system (landing pads) or must use a generic clamp system?

I'll be honest, I really hope it uses a hard-point systems as that might be a deal breaker for me.

I've done some research and it looks like baseline towers + landing pads 11 will work, but I'm just looking for confirmation.

Anyone currently have a Yakima system installed?

Thanks in advance, this is an awesome looking vehicle that's at the top of my list if I'm in need of a new vehicle.

Last edited by Nikon; 05-29-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-29-2017, 11:53 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Depending on what roof rack system you actually get, (some require universal clamps) there is an option to put a bolt/screw into the roof rail of the cx3. You would just need to drill a hole on the plastic trim pieces. I personally dont have the yakima system but theres a roof rack and fairings thread that iirc is still on the main page where people have posted pics and examples of their setups. Hope that helps

Edit: If camping and traveling with cargo is a frequent thing, make sure you are ok with the trunk and seat space as a precaution. Ive seen quite a few people get a car for looks and regret it for their intended use. Best of luck

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car

Last edited by SlyCoopers; 05-29-2017 at 11:55 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode