Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

AUTO DOOR LOCK ON DRIVE... Anti-carjacking

66K views 47 replies 20 participants last post by  Geezer 
#1 ·
AUTO DOOR LOCKING ON DRIVE...

In these days of repeated car jacking why can't I set the doors to lock when shifting out of park to drive.

I rang my local Madza dealership and after asking the salesman that sold it to us how to set it I was quickly shunted to the workshop only to be told by a mechanic..."do it yourself before you drive off" (bit rude) and "no sorry that feature is not available"

No point arguing.

My 11year old crappy Holden work wagen has this feature and its changeable.

I know the entire wiring system can do it so why is it not available standard or as an update.

If my wife gets carjacked how is everyone going to feel.

Best it be available very very soon...

#2 ·
Actually your CX3 does have Auto lock doors just like the old Holden. I suggest you retrieve your User's Manual and turn to page 3-15 for instructions on how to operate this function. It is probably Function 2 that you want. When your car reaches 12 mph (20 km/h), all locks should click shut automatically. Or you can make it independent of speed and have them lock as soon as you shift from P to any other gear by selecting function 4. You can tweak it further by choosing other function numbers. To change from one function to another you need to read how to do this using the external door lock button in the Manual.

#3 ·
Actually your CX3 does have Auto lock doors just like the old Holden. I suggest you retrieve your User's Manual and turn to page 3-15 for instructions on how to operate this function...
I wouldn't be so sure about that. It's just one of the many feature differences between countries. It's not available on UK spec. CX-3's and the door lock switches are different. Although IMO door locking is not something that absolutely has to be done automatically, it can be done manually quite easily.

#5 ·
Yah, I guess Mazda thinks carjackings only happen in the USDM.

I was able to code mine to lock as soon as I shift out of park and unlock when I shift back into park.

Reactions: KMCXThree and 16610
#6 ·
I actually disabled this function. It is really not needed in most of Canada. Maybe it is needed in some parts of downtown Toronto or Vancouver but not where I live and drive. The one scenario that gives me the willies is if I am in an accident and the doors are jammed shut and I am trapped in a burning car because all locks have automatically deployed.

Reactions: Malks
#7 ·
Having your vehicles doors locked in an accident keeps you safer as you reduce the risk of doors coming open, you being thrown out. Keeping doors closed in an accident also adds to the vehicles structure to better withstand the accident. Locked doors are set to auto unlock once airbags have deployed on most modern cars.

#9 ·
"Door unlock (control) system with collision detection - This system automatically unlocks the doors in the event the vehicle is involved in an accident to allow passengers to get out of the vehicle immediately and prevent being trapped inside. While the ignition is switched ON and in the event the vehicle receives an impact strong enough to inflate the air bags, all the doors are automatically unlocked after about 6 seconds have elapsed from the time of the accident.

The doors may not unlock depending on how an impact is applied, the force of the impact, and other conditions of the accident.

If door-related systems or the battery is malfunctioning, the doors will not unlock.
"

It's another of those features described in the Owner's Manual and unhelpfully marked "Some models". I don't know how you tell if you have this control system or not prior to setting off the airbags.

#10 ·
If I remember right, this setting can be configured in the infotainment system settings under Safety tab. I might be wrong on that location, but I know it's buried in the settings somewhere if you have the feature. If it's not there or it's greyed out then either the car is moving while you're looking or you don't have the feature.

#21 ·
I'm thinking more like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvuPzUNPl-A

than actually wiring something in
Yes, that's how I changed the lock settings, through the LCD panel. But I did the opposite, I turned off all auto lock settings - I live in a rural/small town area and don't need or want it to lock automatically.

You can also turn off the daytime running lights through the settings on the LCD panel, aka "infotainment" panel.

#23 ·
In some jurisdictions (Canada, for instance) it is illegal to disable the daytime running lights. It is allowed in larger trucks but not cars.

#25 ·
Yes, I knew daytime running lights were required in Canada. Where I live in southern Arizona it is clear 7 sunny 90% of the days, so I don't feel it adds any safety, just wears out the headlights sooner (my 2016 uses the main headlights for DRL, if it used separate LED bulbs like newer models I'd consider using them). On the 2-3 days per year when it is foggy or heavy overcast I can turn the lights manually.

#29 ·
Hello bobstar_fr

I think we own quite the same car (CX-3 2.0 Skyactiv-G150 4x4) and w're looking for the same thing : Auto Door Lock.

Since your previous post which is a bit old, did you find how to activate this function with Forscan ?

Thanks for your help.

#31 · (Edited)
Hello bobstar_fr
I think we own quite the same car (CX-3 2.0 Skyactiv-G150 4x4) and w're looking for the same thing : Auto Door Lock.
Since your previous post which is a bit old, did you find how to activate this function with Forscan ?
Thanks for your help.
Hello.
Nothing new, I spent hours searching and experimenting with Forscan and nothing good.
Already hardware configuration is different on the CX3 where it works => button on the driver door armrest), On our CX3 the button is on the inside handle.
I remain convinced that it is 1 bit to activate but which and where ??

You can upgrade to the excellent M3revo Sergslim file : https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AOoQH8K9qgfqa4Q&id=45C6437E5AC3FE5C%216388&cid=45C6437E5AC3FE5C
Take the latest version (6.14 -2018-05-09) at the bottom of the displayed page.

Geezer said:
Actually your CX3 does have Auto lock doors just like the old Holden. I suggest you retrieve your User's Manual and turn to page 3-15 for instructions on how to operate this function. It is probably Function 2 that you want. When your car reaches 12 mph (20 km/h), all locks should click shut automatically. Or you can make it independent of speed and have them lock as soon as you shift from P to any other gear by selecting function 4. You can tweak it further by choosing other function numbers. To change from one function to another you need to read how to do this using the external door lock button in the Manual.
Not mounted on mine also...

#32 ·
Hello bobstar_fr

I've spent a lot of hours with Google too, and found nothing related to the CX-3.

On Ali Express, it's possible to find small boxes connected to the OBD plug to validate the auto lock door for a lot of Mazda but the CX-3 is never present in their compatibility list ....

#34 ·
Still no joy or commitment Re Auto Lock on Drive

Can anyone direct me to a hack so I can get the Auto Lock on drive feature working. Car jackings are becoming common and I don’t want wife to become the next victim. It is unacceptable and bordering on criminal to not have this very simple feature on all the range. It’s not a luxury it’s necessary for the safety of all occupants.

#40 ·
HELLO
mazda cx-3 You can share the As-built codes of the BCMM module.usa or canada

I'm trying to activate the automatic door closing process.

my Body Control Module(BCM) module codes

726-01-01- 08 12 58 98 39
726-02-01- 80 00 B0

#41 ·
The auto door lock feature was the first thing I disabled in my new to me 2016 CX-3 after taking delivery. I personally hate this feature and have switched it off on every vehicle I have ever driven, including a fleet vehicle I used at my last place of employment.

The second thing I had disabled was the walk away door lock feature because it's a pain when you are trying to work around the vehicle and need to open the doors, only to find they locked you out after you walked around the front of the car.

#42 ·
Hello
some are looking for ways to activate it, others have deactivated it ....
It would have been wise to tell us how you disabled ADL.
It will give a track to follow for how to activate it.
I agree with you for "walk away" it's painful to see the car close while we tinker on it or we do only interior cleaning.

#43 ·
It would have been wise to tell us how you disabled ADL.
It will give a track to follow for how to activate it.
Post # 16 included a PDF of the pages from the Owners Manual which includes the different settings for the door locks as well as the steps to follow in order to change the settings. On my Canadian market CX-3 changes to these settings are allowed and I just followed the steps.

The walk away feature is found on the Infotainment System.

#44 ·
Wow

Each to there own but clearly you don’t live in Melbourne Australia. Since increasing immigration the crime rate has risen with South African youth gangs hijacking cars in broad daylight so it’s not something to have deactivated in this part of the world. Worst part is Mazda Australia won’t incorporate this feature and risk massive litigation yet don’t care. If one ex Mazda tech goes rogue he/she will corner the market and get very wealthy in the process.

#45 ·
Worst part is Mazda Australia won’t incorporate this feature and risk massive litigation yet don’t care. If one ex Mazda tech goes rogue he/she will corner the market and get very wealthy in the process.
You are correct that where I live the auto-lock feature is more of a nuisance. If I feel the need to lock myself in my car because of sketchy surroundings I will push the door lock button myself. I just don't want the car manufacturer to make that decision for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.