5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 Old 04-22-2017, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Exclamation AUTO DOOR LOCK ON DRIVE... Anti-carjacking

AUTO DOOR LOCKING ON DRIVE...

In these days of repeated car jacking why can't I set the doors to lock when shifting out of park to drive.

I rang my local Madza dealership and after asking the salesman that sold it to us how to set it I was quickly shunted to the workshop only to be told by a mechanic..."do it yourself before you drive off" (bit rude) and "no sorry that feature is not available"

No point arguing.

My 11year old crappy Holden work wagen has this feature and its changeable.

I know the entire wiring system can do it so why is it not available standard or as an update.

If my wife gets carjacked how is everyone going to feel.

Best it be available very very soon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 04-22-2017, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovit View Post
AUTO DOOR LOCKING ON DRIVE...

In these days of repeated car jacking why can't I set the doors to lock when shifting out of park to drive.

I rang my local Madza dealership and after asking the salesman that sold it to us how to set it I was quickly shunted to the workshop only to be told by a mechanic..."do it yourself before you drive off" (bit rude) and "no sorry that feature is not available"

No point arguing.

My 11year old crappy Holden work wagen has this feature and its changeable.

I know the entire wiring system can do it so why is it not available standard or as an update.

If my wife gets carjacked how is everyone going to feel.

Best it be available very very soon...
Actually your CX3 does have Auto lock doors just like the old Holden. I suggest you retrieve your User's Manual and turn to page 3-15 for instructions on how to operate this function. It is probably Function 2 that you want. When your car reaches 12 mph (20 km/h), all locks should click shut automatically. Or you can make it independent of speed and have them lock as soon as you shift from P to any other gear by selecting function 4. You can tweak it further by choosing other function numbers. To change from one function to another you need to read how to do this using the external door lock button in the Manual.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 40 Old 04-22-2017, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Actually your CX3 does have Auto lock doors just like the old Holden. I suggest you retrieve your User's Manual and turn to page 3-15 for instructions on how to operate this function...
I wouldn't be so sure about that. It's just one of the many feature differences between countries. It's not available on UK spec. CX-3's and the door lock switches are different. Although IMO door locking is not something that absolutely has to be done automatically, it can be done manually quite easily.
greaseman85 likes this.

09/15 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 40 Old 04-22-2017, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtonline View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about that. It's just one of the many feature differences between countries. It's not available on UK spec. CX-3's and the door lock switches are different. Although IMO door locking is not something that absolutely has to be done automatically, it can be done manually quite easily.
Correct.
The European (and I believe Australian) CX-3 has different lock switches compared to the US and these doesn't include "drive-away" lock (which I also miss from my previous car).

2015 Mazda CX-3 2.0 120HP Optimum Aut. Jet Black -with all the gadgets

post #5 of 40 Old 04-22-2017, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Garage
Yah, I guess Mazda thinks carjackings only happen in the USDM.

I was able to code mine to lock as soon as I shift out of park and unlock when I shift back into park.
bobstar_fr and KMCXThree like this.

2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black
2017 MX-5 RF Launch Edition
2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!) -- SOLD!

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.
post #6 of 40 Old 04-23-2017, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
I actually disabled this function. It is really not needed in most of Canada. Maybe it is needed in some parts of downtown Toronto or Vancouver but not where I live and drive. The one scenario that gives me the willies is if I am in an accident and the doors are jammed shut and I am trapped in a burning car because all locks have automatically deployed.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
post #7 of 40 Old 04-23-2017, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Quote:
I actually disabled this function. It is really not needed in most of Canada. Maybe it is needed in some parts of downtown Toronto or Vancouver but not where I live and drive. The one scenario that gives me the willies is if I am in an accident and the doors are jammed shut and I am trapped in a burning car because all locks have automatically deployed.
Having your vehicles doors locked in an accident keeps you safer as you reduce the risk of doors coming open, you being thrown out. Keeping doors closed in an accident also adds to the vehicles structure to better withstand the accident. Locked doors are set to auto unlock once airbags have deployed on most modern cars.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
post #8 of 40 Old 04-23-2017, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
My wife actually made this comment to me when she heard the auto lock come on. She was worried that in an accident people wouldn't be able to open the doors from the outside. As DJ9999 said my understanding is they automatically unlock if the vehicle is in a serious enough accident to cause the airbags to be deployed.

I personally feel safer with the auto lock feature and am surprised it's not offered in all regions. After all you can always disable it if your not comfortable with it.

Current Vehicle: 2017 CX-3 Touring AWD in Dynamic Blue
Previous Vehicle: 2015 Nissan Juke Nismo AWD
post #9 of 40 Old 04-23-2017, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
"Door unlock (control) system with collision detection - This system automatically unlocks the doors in the event the vehicle is involved in an accident to allow passengers to get out of the vehicle immediately and prevent being trapped inside. While the ignition is switched ON and in the event the vehicle receives an impact strong enough to inflate the air bags, all the doors are automatically unlocked after about 6 seconds have elapsed from the time of the accident.

The doors may not unlock depending on how an impact is applied, the force of the impact, and other conditions of the accident.

If door-related systems or the battery is malfunctioning, the doors will not unlock.
"

It's another of those features described in the Owner's Manual and unhelpfully marked "Some models". I don't know how you tell if you have this control system or not prior to setting off the airbags.

09/15 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic

post #10 of 40 Old 04-24-2017, 02:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtonline View Post
"Door unlock (control) system with collision detection - This system automatically unlocks the doors in the event the vehicle is involved in an accident to allow passengers to get out of the vehicle immediately and prevent being trapped inside. While the ignition is switched ON and in the event the vehicle receives an impact strong enough to inflate the air bags, all the doors are automatically unlocked after about 6 seconds have elapsed from the time of the accident.

The doors may not unlock depending on how an impact is applied, the force of the impact, and other conditions of the accident.

If door-related systems or the battery is malfunctioning, the doors will not unlock.
"

It's another of those features described in the Owner's Manual and unhelpfully marked "Some models". I don't know how you tell if you have this control system or not prior to setting off the airbags.
If I remember right, this setting can be configured in the infotainment system settings under Safety tab. I might be wrong on that location, but I know it's buried in the settings somewhere if you have the feature. If it's not there or it's greyed out then either the car is moving while you're looking or you don't have the feature.

His: 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring, Machine Grey Metallic
Hers: 2016 CX-5 Sport, FWD, Reflex Blue

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode