• 2 Post By CarbonCX3
  • 1 Post By skyking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-02-2017, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
118,000 km update

I posted a few comments at 50, 000km so i thought I'd share how the car is performing after 20 months of use in Newfoundland climate. Its spring but another blizzard is issued for tomorrow so old man winter is not done yet
The car is fwd with 4 studded snow tires. I have no issues getting around. Fuel mileage is avg 7.4 litres per 100 kms. I drive mostly highway at 110kms per hour.. mostly...lol
I do my own oil changes and buy the oil and filter from the dealer. No issues to report mechanically just add gas change the oil rotate tires and all is good. I wrapped the front and hood to protect against road rash and rocks. This fall I sprayed it with plasti dip also. Thats lasted til now but is peeling off. Id do it again next fall. The roof needs to be wrapped also as i have 3 chips that are rusting bad already. The paint chips easily and rusts quickly. Moreso than the civic i have with 350,000 kms that my son now uses.
Not much else to report. I like the car a lot.
Last week my emails from from S7 linked to the info system in the car for 3 days and stopped again. Cant figure that out. Texts work fine. Anyone have that issue ?
Thats about it ?
bjn and mainemanx like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-02-2017, 11:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
If I have this figured correctly, that's over 70,000 miles on the car. No problems. That is excellent news. Great to know.

Wondering how your windshield is holding up since you do mostly highway driving.
bjn likes this.

'Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

2019 CX-5 Signature Sonic Silver

2017 CX-3 Titanium Mica on Black GT AWD w/i-Activsense (Retired)
post #3 of 4 Old 04-03-2017, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The windshield has taken a beating for sure with several chips but no cracks. I had one one bad chip repaired. The weather on the east coast is wet so the wipers are on a lot and now have rub marks on both sides. They are not in my line of sight but they are unsightly. My civic had these as well. Interestingly i just disposed of my 2005 mazda 3 that had almost 400,000 kms on it and the windsheild had no rub marks whatsoever, lots of chips but it was the original glass never replaced. They dont make the glass like they used to..

post #4 of 4 Old 04-07-2017, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks for the update.... Glad to hear no suspension issues. Probably due to the smoothness of our roads... (said with sarcasm)

2017 CX-3 GS AWD

"If it can't be fixed with hammer, it must be electrical "

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode