New CX3 touring having trouble - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-28-2017, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
New CX3 touring having trouble

Hi all, I'm new here... I just bought a 2016 CX3 about 20 days ago and I drive pretty heavily for work so it has 1500 miles on it already (started with about 300). I'm noticing a bumpiness and vibrating while driving. This happened in my last car too and it needed an alignment but that car was older and had way more miles on it. So I'm wondering what might be wrong with my new car. Perhaps it's just because this CX3 is all wheel drive and I'm not used to it yet? Not sure what is happening and would like to get some opinions before taking it into the shop. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-29-2017, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillco View Post
Hi all, I'm new here... I just bought a 2016 CX3 about 20 days ago and I drive pretty heavily for work so it has 1500 miles on it already (started with about 300). I'm noticing a bumpiness and vibrating while driving. This happened in my last car too and it needed an alignment but that car was older and had way more miles on it. So I'm wondering what might be wrong with my new car. Perhaps it's just because this CX3 is all wheel drive and I'm not used to it yet? Not sure what is happening and would like to get some opinions before taking it into the shop. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum.

Iím afraid youíll need to be a little more specific for me to help unless some of the others can figure out what you mean.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"
post #3 of 4 Old 03-29-2017, 05:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
Which wheels on it? The stock silver 16's? I got the Touring model mostly because I didn't need the extras on the GT trim, but mostly because I didn't want the lower-profile tires on the 18" wheels. Those would never hold up with the terrible road conditions we have here in Milwaukee and the 16's have the best chance of survival.

From what little you've described, it sounds like it could be a number of things, but I'd guess it's most likely either a bent rim, a damaged tire, or an out-of-balance wheel. An alignment problem could be a good possibility, too. If it hit a bad pothole at some point, it could be a combination of any or all of those things. I had similar issues with my old Mazda3 and my Pontiac G8. Any of those are pretty easy fixes, but could cost a couple hundred $ to fix. Factory wheels have list price over $300 ea. Factory tires I'm guessing list for around $150 ea. (that's a totally wild guess). Mounting and balancing a new tire usually runs somewhere around $25-30/wheel, which may or may not include a new valve stem and disposal fees for the old stuff. Front end alignment, I've seen prices range from $50-80 and anywhere up to around $100-120 to align all four. Some shops offer a "lifetime alignment" plan which can be a good deal if you plan to keep the car a while.

If it's been 20 days, you might be out of luck complaining to the dealer about it if the car was purchased used. You'll likely be on the hook for any repair bills, unless it's a warranty problem, and wheels and tire issues are often hard to get covered under warranty. Some dealers sell wheel and tire policies separately because the factory vehicle warranties don't normally cover the most commonly encountered problems with damage from road hazards. In most states in the US, the window of opportunity on declaring issues on the car with the dealer after purchase on a used car is pretty short, if it exists at all. Some places only sell used cars as-is and as soon as they hand you the keys it's your problem for anything not covered under warranty if any warranty is remaining.

His: 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring, Machine Grey Metallic
Hers: 2016 CX-5 Sport, FWD, Reflex Blue

post #4 of 4 Old 03-29-2017, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sounds similar to what mine was doing. it would only start vibrating at around 50-70 mph. Mine ended up being the front driver side Wheel Bearing.

2016 Mazda CX3 Touring Soul Red Metallic
Formers
09 Cobalt SS TC
10 Mazdaspeed 3
07 Cobalt SS SC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode