1Likes
  • 1 Post By dmac5660

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-30-2017, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Passenger seatbelt warning sound

So i've noticed that probably 1 in 3 times my passenger seatbelt warning sound will start going off when i'm driving with no one sitting in the seat, sometimes I have my phone and a small bag on the seat but that shouldn't be enough to turn the air bag on and start giving the seatbelt warning alarm to go off. I know with my luck ill tell the dealer about it and they wont be able to replicate the problem, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac5660 View Post
So i've noticed that probably 1 in 3 times my passenger seatbelt warning sound will start going off when i'm driving with no one sitting in the seat, sometimes I have my phone and a small bag on the seat but that shouldn't be enough to turn the air bag on and start giving the seatbelt warning alarm to go off. I know with my luck ill tell the dealer about it and they wont be able to replicate the problem, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
Yep, phone and a small bag ... that's about the weight of my (small Japanese) wife

Seriously, I either ignore the warning or put the miscellanea in the back seat ... or in the trinket tray, thanks to anchorman.

(How many times per day does the average person on this forum thank anchorman?)

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-30-2017, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 480 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemanx View Post
Yep, phone and a small bag ... that's about the weight of my (small Japanese) wife

Seriously, I either ignore the warning or put the miscellanea in the back seat ... or in the trinket tray, thanks to anchorman.

(How many times per day does the average person on this forum thank anchorman?)
One does ones best!

Like Mainemanx says, it will definitely initiate the alarm as the sensor on the CX-3 is quite small so the area is concentrated to probably just where you place your object. You can see on the attached pdfs just where the sensor is so you might be able to avoid it, you could fasten the seatbelt or you could just pop the items on the floor.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf seat sensor.pdf (62.3 KB, 246 views)
File Type: pdf seats.pdf (324.3 KB, 181 views)

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. 2018 anchorman

.........and another thing"

post #4 of 5 Old 01-31-2017, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post
One does ones best!

Like Mainemanx says, it will definitely initiate the alarm as the sensor on the CX-3 is quite small so the area is concentrated to probably just where you place your object. You can see on the attached pdfs just where the sensor is so you might be able to avoid it, you could fasten the seatbelt or you could just pop the items on the floor.
Thank you anchorman for living up to your reputation.
The sensors in the seat really are that sensitive. Thanks for the info!
mainemanx likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-03-2017, 03:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Garage
The downside to fastening the seatbelt or using one of those dummy clips in the latch is that if you got into an accident, the car would think there's a passenger in the seat and could allow the airbags to deploy on that side when they otherwise might not need to if there's no one in that seat. In that situation, the car is likely already in bad shape, but maybe not necessarily over the limit for a total loss. Air bag deployment on some cars, depending on their value, results in an automatic write-off as a total loss because of the cost to repair the airbags, damaged trim, and interior cleaning, etc. If the both the front and side curtains go off, it's probably a goner.

His: 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring, Machine Grey Metallic
Hers: 2016 CX-5 Sport, FWD, Reflex Blue

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode