User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 01-26-2017, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Windshield washer stopped working

I don't know about you other folks, but here in Ontario Canada we are having a nasty, wet winter. When that happens in my small corner of the universe, MUD is the number one enemy. I have mud everywhere to such an extent that many items that need to be clean and clear no longer work. None of the safety items work even after I clean the windshield. The backup warning no longer works and I almost ran over a little old lady walking behind my car today! Usually I get a distinct warning beep, but today, Nothing! But the then I find that I can't even clean my windshield because the washer jets no longer work. I pulled the lever up to the "Mist" setting and nothing happened which is pretty dangerous when trying to drive with your windshield coated with grime. The back washer works just fine but I can't even hear the motor kick in when I hit the lever to operate the front washer, so I guess something is burned out. My CX3 just turned one year old so I guess the service guys are going to tell me that I am on my own on this. GREAT!
mainemanx likes this.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-26-2017, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Eh? Mazda rolls out unlimited mileage warranty in Canada

– Service Adjustments 12 months/20,000 km
– New Vehicle Basic Warranty Coverage 36 months/80,000 km
– Roadside Assistance 36 months/unlimited distance
– Powertrain Warranty 60 months/ 100,000 km

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.
post #3 of 11 Old 01-26-2017, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
It's the same pump for the front and rear screen wash so that doesn't make sense. Maybe a glitch with the BCM (body control module) if the parking sensors are involved. They'll sort it out. It might just be sorted by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes but it would be better to understand what happened. Has this car got and modifications from standard?

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. 2018 anchorman

.........and another thing"

post #4 of 11 Old 01-26-2017, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
My front washers froze up earlier in the week, despite having a fair amount of screenwash in the water. Temp was showing -3C. Water was liquid in the tank as it came through onto the windscreen for a second, but then it must have frozen in the washer jets and blocked them. They worked OK again later in the day once the temperature had risen. My SEAT Ibiza had heated washer jets so that didn't happen.

09/15 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 Old 01-26-2017, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtonline View Post

--- SNIP ---

My SEAT Ibiza had heated washer jets so that didn't happen.
Washlets ... with adjustable spray aim ... made by TOTO?

Seriously, I've found it's usually debris in the line that causes a blockage.

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.
post #6 of 11 Old 01-26-2017, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post
It's the same pump for the front and rear screen wash so that doesn't make sense. Maybe a glitch with the BCM (body control module) if the parking sensors are involved. They'll sort it out. It might just be sorted by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes but it would be better to understand what happened. Has this car got and modifications from standard?
I am probably the only dude here that has done absolutely no mods on my CX3. I guess I think the car has been put together so well, there is no need for mods...but that is just me.

Anyhow, I did get the jets working. A guitar high E string inserted into the openings seemed to do the trick. I guess some crud must have lodged itself in both jets. As far as the rear sensors are concerned, I just powerwashed the back of the car and I am waiting for it to dry. I am trying to talk my ex-wife into standing behind the car while I put it in reverse but she is not too sure about her life insurance, so she took a pass. I'll see if my dog will obediently stand back there for me... Actually, a big cardboard box would probably do the trick. I hope washing off the mud does the trick, because the backup system in this car is great when it works.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
post #7 of 11 Old 01-26-2017, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
I am probably the only dude here that has done absolutely no mods on my CX3. I guess I think the car has been put together so well, there is no need for mods...but that is just me.

Anyhow, I did get the jets working. A guitar high E string inserted into the openings seemed to do the trick. I guess some crud must have lodged itself in both jets. As far as the rear sensors are concerned, I just powerwashed the back of the car and I am waiting for it to dry. I am trying to talk my ex-wife into standing behind the car while I put it in reverse but she is not too sure about her life insurance, so she took a pass. I'll see if my dog will obediently stand back there for me... Actually, a big cardboard box would probably do the trick. I hope washing off the mud does the trick, because the backup system in this car is great when it works.
I tried to the same thing with my wee ones (ages 5 and 3) but mommy interfered. I am still limping... Good advice on the E string (tried using the wife's G stri... never mind). Still wish we could install a high power pump for the window bubblers...
anchorman and st3v3cx-3 like this.

'16 Meteor Gray Mica FWD GT
post #8 of 11 Old 01-27-2017, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
The bit of the rear sensor that detects an object is that little ring and usually if a bit of grit gets stuck in it sounds continuously. However, you have to do the obvious first so cleaning them does no harm. There is a setting on the control unit that allows adjustment of the volume and one of them is “off” which is why disconnecting the battery might default it to on if it has glitches in some way. Adjusting the volume is fiddly to say the least.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Parking sensor volume.pdf (77.1 KB, 131 views)

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. 2018 anchorman

post #9 of 11 Old 01-27-2017, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Heck, just looked at that pdf - fiddly is quite an understatement eh !!! Why the heck should it be necessary to dismantle half the car in order to do a simple volume adjustment? Surely they could have built the adjustment capability into the MZD in some way, so it was a simple thing for the car owner to increase or decrease the volume as required. Sometimes engineers needs their heads banged together big time !!!

2016 Sport Nav 2.0 Petrol Automatic Arctic White plus options
post #10 of 11 Old 01-27-2017, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
To be honest Steve, if I wanted to quieten that buzzer I would reach up and stick a bit of masking tape on it.
SlyCoopers likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode