User Tag List

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 01-11-2017, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Debadging Cx3

Hey guys, has anyone debadged their car? I want to see a picture of it. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 01-11-2017, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
See Snoogie's post here:http://www.cx3forum.com/forum/appear...go-emblem.html

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 Old 01-11-2017, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
File size is too big but I'll try anyway..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0779.jpg
Views:	818
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	14778  
drs88 likes this.

post #4 of 26 Old 01-12-2017, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Just out of curiosity, why do people go to the trouble of removing the badging info from the back of the car? It takes some of the fun out of showing off your beast (IMHO). When I don't recognize a car from behind I usually try and read the badges to find out what kind of animal it is. The CX3 is not a car that is instantly recognizable to the majority of people driving the highways and it is a nice gesture to let them satisfy their curiosity.
greaseman85 likes this.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 26 Old 01-12-2017, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Just out of curiosity, why do people go to the trouble of removing the badging info from the back of the car? It takes some of the fun out of showing off your beast (IMHO). When I don't recognize a car from behind I usually try and read the badges to find out what kind of animal it is. The CX3 is not a car that is instantly recognizable to the majority of people driving the highways and it is a nice gesture to let them satisfy their curiosity.
Personally, I like the look of a debadged car, gives the vehicle a more symmetrical look especially in our case with the dual exhaust tips. Also makes detailing a little easier since you don't have to worry about dirt and grim getting stuck between the letters on the badges.

The only reason I will probably not debadge mine though is because I'm not sure how long I will own my CX-3. Waiting to see how the Honda Civic Type R turns out price wise, also holding out hope that Mazda will release a more performance oriented Mazda3.

2016 Mazda CX-3 FWD Touring
post #6 of 26 Old 01-12-2017, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, why do people go to the trouble of removing the badging info from the back of the car?
Because it makes waxing the car easier.

2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black
2017 MX-5 RF Launch Edition
2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!) -- SOLD!

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.
post #7 of 26 Old 01-12-2017, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I used to be a regular on one of the Mazdaspeed sites and it was quite a big deal (along with the evil Mazda logo). I never quite understood the point of it.

Now, I did have an employer that liked his Mercedes. He drove a CL550 (and later a CL65) and his wife had a S550. I asked him why he de-badged his cars (BTW, this guy went to school with H.R Giger - not that this has anything to do with it; I just thought is was cool) and he said he did not want to "advertise" how much he paid for his cars...

'16 Meteor Gray Mica FWD GT
post #8 of 26 Old 01-13-2017, 04:01 AM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPreppie View Post
LOL I guess I like to keep the badging because I advertise how little I pay - compared to the Mercedes I used to drive around when I actually worked for a living But you have the most compelling reason to debadge, namely because it is easier to clean and polish the hatch without all the chrome crap.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.

Last edited by Geezer; 01-13-2017 at 04:04 AM.
post #9 of 26 Old 01-13-2017, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Thats got

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPreppie View Post
To be the best response ever, love your way of thinking.

I removed my Badges because here in Australia, we have the opportunity to search for Number Plates and if available to Order them, hence my Plates CX-300, how many times do I really have to tell others what car it is, as we are all different, do what you like, thats why I too put a Bumper Protector on my Car, just trying to change it up as a personal thing.

Plus I changed the Exhaust Tips to Remus Carbon Fibre Style, do nothing except fill the Bumper better than the standard ones, and I know that people would probably also wonder as to why I lowered my car and fitted Simmons wheels.

Remember its all about person preferences.

Darren
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160814_122840_HDR_resized.jpg
Views:	921
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	14786   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160719_165141_HDR-1_resized.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	14794  
matt, masterwares and mainemanx like this.

Life Is Too Short, Get Out And Do It, Rock Out And Send It Hard
post #10 of 26 Old 01-13-2017, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
It's no trouble to debadge at all, 20 second blast with her-dryer to soften the glue and they come off easy, no residue at all. I can stick em back on when I get rid of the car.
I couldn't give a monkeys if people know what car I've got. I've had three people ask if it was a Lexus and one ask if it's a Hyundai!
I was actually gonna leave the AWD badge on, but I thought that would be a bit sad, it's the same as sticking an AWD sticker on it to me.

i don't like having badges or logos on anything really, it's like wearing a tshirt with a logo on it as far I'm concerned- you should be paid for advertising.
Even worse than leaving badges on a car is when people leave the sticker from garage they bought it from on there! Why???

2019 AWD Petrol auto

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode