• 1 Post By Geezer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-10-2016, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Is your CX3 still pristine?

I'm asking this because I've owned mine for over a year, done over 8000 English miles, most of them either transporting a toddler and pram, or neon signs and tools.
Up until now it's been immaculate apart from a couple of scratches on the front wheels..
(wife's fault "pull in a bit you're miles from the kerb!"
"are you sure? I can't see in the mirror cos we're on a corner"
" yeah there's like two feet"
Crunch.

Then the plastic arches started getting scratched by bushes, then a bloody great conker or branch fell off a tree and hit the roof just above the windscreen when I was driving about 45mph. it's left a small but visible dent.
Now just in the last week I've marked the roof lining with a ladder twice, and scratched the black plastic in the boot.
I tried cleaning the mark off the roof lining. Got the mark off but made it all bobbly straight away.
I suppose I've been very lucky up til now and it's catching up with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-10-2016, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Conker, I wonder if that's just a UK word?

Keeping a car isn't an easy task. Anchorwoman is well versed with keeping well away from the curb and she also knows to park at the empty part of the supermarket car park (lot). With the best will in the world, accidents happen and from memory it was me that marked a wheel last, many moons ago. Bits of trim can be replaced and Mazda parts are so far, reasonable. There isn't much point having it if you can't use it so as long as you keep it clean and well maintained you might as well plod on and enjoy it.

Mine isn't a fair example because I'm a bit anal about cleaning (2 to 3 washes a week even in the dark isn't unheard of) and I've got all the gear to make it easy at hand.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #3 of 6 Old 12-10-2016, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post

Keeping a car isn't an easy task. Anchorwoman is well versed with keeping well away from the curb and she also knows to park at the empty part of the supermarket car park (lot). With the best will in the world, accidents happen and from memory it was me that marked a wheel last, many moons ago. Bits of trim can be replaced and Mazda parts are so far, reasonable. There isn't much point having it if you can't use it so as long as you keep it clean and well maintained you might as well plod on and enjoy it.

Mine isn't a fair example because I'm a bit anal about cleaning (2 to 3 washes a week even in the dark isn't unheard of) and I've got all the gear to make it easy at hand.
Saint MAMma TORa and Sheffield F.C.!! I thought twice a month is overkill...
anchorman likes this.

post #4 of 6 Old 12-10-2016, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Mine was bought in February kept in garage when not driving and I don't take it out in bad weather because I don't have to.Yes,it is pristine shape.
anchorman likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-11-2016, 05:46 AM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post
Now that brings many old memories of my childhood days. Everyone hunted for "conkers"- which were horse chestnuts that we would look for on the ground when they started to drop off the tree. Then we would drill a hole through the conker and thread with a shoelace. We would then have contests where we would take turns trying to break some kid's conker with our own. Failing, we would then have to hold ours up so the other kid could take a swing and try the break it. Those darn chestnuts are hard and make a loud metallic bang when they come down from the tree and hit your car.
anchorman likes this.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-11-2016, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Now that brings many old memories of my childhood days. Everyone hunted for "conkers"- which were horse chestnuts that we would look for on the ground when they started to drop off the tree. Then we would drill a hole through the conker and thread with a shoelace. We would then have contests where we would take turns trying to break some kid's conker with our own. Failing, we would then have to hold ours up so the other kid could take a swing and try the break it. Those darn chestnuts are hard and make a loud metallic bang when they come down from the tree and hit your car.
You know they’ve been banned in a lot of schools here or they can only play with them if they wear suitable safety glasses. H&S has gone mad in this country.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode