post #1 of 24 Old 08-03-2016, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
CX-3 Exhaust

For Sale

Made a Custom CX-3 Exhaust
Aluminzed Steel fully Mig Welded
Coated internally with Eastwood internal exhaust coating and outside painted with high temp black
Full 2 inch with 3.5 inch tips

In comparison The Remus exhaust is high pitched and gives a little sound this gives a more deep / low rumble at idle and nice sound while driving nothing loud or obnoxious

Switching over to a full custom 2.5 catback system so no need for this

Located in NJ

350 shipped
300 picked up

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 08-03-2016, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Were you given permission to advertise on your first post?

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"
post #3 of 24 Old 08-03-2016, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

ive been looking around and do not see a forsale listing

post #4 of 24 Old 08-04-2016, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rand0b View Post
ive been looking around and do not see a forsale listing
That wasn't the question. I have no objection to owners selling items that they have left over or no longer require but for you to blatantly advertise a product you are manufacturing in your first post is just a lack of common courtesy and a breech of the rules. Furthermore, I would urge caution in that I doubt there is any consideration as to how this product could effect the performance, I have no doubt that it breaks every noise limit and law and even question the suitability of the paint for that application. What warranty do you offer to our members, how do they return it if faulty, what comeback do they have if it has a detrimental effect and ruins an engine? It doesn't look like an owner mod when you are asking serious money buy and ship this part.

You are the manufacturer of this product and I need to know what the answers are to these questions or require you to withdraw this unauthorised advert.

Now what makes me even more angry is that you don't apologise for not having some manners but only that you can't find a suitable place to peddle your merchandise. I am not happy with you in case it isn't apparent.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

post #5 of 24 Old 08-04-2016, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
OK. I understand is "against" the rules to sell on here. But if he is offering an exhaust, and someone wants to buy why do you care if it effects their performance, of if he has a warranty or even breaks the law for that matter. It really none of your business when it comes down to it, other then the fact he didn't ask you before posting.
TiGrayMSM likes this.
post #6 of 24 Old 08-05-2016, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seoden88 View Post
OK. I understand is "against" the rules to sell on here. But if he is offering an exhaust, and someone wants to buy why do you care if it effects their performance, of if he has a warranty or even breaks the law for that matter. It really none of your business when it comes down to it, other then the fact he didn't ask you before posting.
I agree. Not everybody, I'm looking at you Anchorman , wants their car to be silent. I am also not of the mindset that what the factory installs is by default the best. After owning a mazdaspeed6 (mps 6 for you) for many years, you quickly realize that factory parts can have many shortcomings. Most of my cars have been modded to some degree, and for me that is one of the best parts of car ownership. On the CX-3 I like the quiet exhaust, but on my speed miata or 6 it is quite a different story. CARB and their asinine stance on aftermarket parts is reason enough for me to turn down jobs in California. So anyways, if someone wants a loud car... so be it. The seller should follow the for sale rules, but you are being ridiculous on the performance and warranty aspects related to this sale. It should be a no brainer that the parts come "as is" and that the seller takes no responsibility for damages caused by these parts. That is pretty much the way all aftermarket companies work....
post #7 of 24 Old 08-05-2016, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
There are some very knowledgeable people that browse this forum and there are some that rely heavily on the advice that people give. In a hypothetical situation, if a CX-3 with one of these exhausts fitted were to have an engine failure which was completely unrelated, how can we be sure that Mazda would uphold the warranty? How can we expect Mazda to react when they have developed a vehicle with an exhaust silencer and the owner then completely removes it and fits a pair of welded up pipes with absolutely none of the back pressure that the engine was originally tuned to? What about if the hangers break off and the entire exhaust drops down onto the road?

When an owner makes a part, it is his responsibility when something goes wrong but vehicle component manufacturers (for example Remus as quoted) have to subject the part to various tests and have the means to support that product so that it carries a legal warranty and everything that goes with it like what to do in the event that it fails, the owner simply finds it doesnít do what they thought it would do and any consequential loss. There is none of that info here and if ďsomethingĒ were to happen, the owner wouldnít necessarily say that it was manufactured by a guy up in NJ, but that they got it off the CX3forum.com. We cannot endorse home made products that are sold in this way. If you want to buy and fit them and are happy with that responsibility, that is up to you but not everybody understands that.

Iíve got no doubt that every manufacturer of accessories and parts for CX-3s would love a free advertising page on this forum. What could be a better medium than the No1 forum on the planet? There are advertising rules and common courtesy practices for doing such things We are not talking about stickers or seat covers, we are talking about fundamental components and at a significant costs and you two guys should understand that we have a duty of care to all members - those that know and understand, those that donít and those that trust products sold here are legitimate.

Youíll notice that the advert has not been removed or edited yet as Iíve not given the OP the chance to respond. Maybe he has all the above covered and is prepared to take responsibility. Maybe he hasnít thought about it and will appreciate the advice AND choose to remove the ad. Iíve also seen that since his first post he has been commenting on other threads and I donít want to discourage that or he would have been banned along with the many spammers we get. But the fact remains that if I set up a stall selling lemonade to passers by at the end of your garden, you wouldnít be happy, especially if they started keeling over and telling the paramedics they bought it from your house. It only takes a new browser of the forum a few minutes of reading or a look at the forum headers to locate either DJ9999 or myself to just run it by us first. I would, you would and he should have.
greaseman85 and TiGrayMSM like this.

post #8 of 24 Old 08-05-2016, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
And this is why this forum blows ass compared to other Mazda forums! Legalities of the exhaust would be covered under federal law, because that law states a dealer has to prove the component has caused failure. No different than going to an auto parts store and buy a glass pack muffler and have it welded in. The fact your worried that they bought it off the forums is completely ridiculous as cx3 forum is "endorsing"it? Next time I buy tires off a user on Craigslist and I have one of them "blow" on the interstate I'm gonna expect Craigslist to replace since they allowed the user to sell it. There's zero logic behind that thought pattern. The computer would pop a CEL if something was terribly wrong. If you or othe other admin can't provide a semi decent forum that allows user to chat converse and sell stuff at their leisure than it should be shutdown jnstead of being butt hurt about a post, minus fact he didn't ask permission, this post should be somewhat encouraged. such a post is how all other great car forums get started and guys and gals make awesome convo about personalized customization. If it's that big of a deal make a for sale or looking to buy forum section with special rules.Users talking car talk and customization is a good thing but if the post seems like spam block the user delete the post and call it a day. problem solved.
post #9 of 24 Old 08-05-2016, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

1. Im a little confused, I mentioned i could not find the for Classified listing part of the forum so i posted in the next closet section i could find that i thought would be the next closest spot.

2. I am not advertising a product that i am manufacturing, as this listing is for 1 not for multiple.
I do not state that i am a company or selling multiple pieces. As 90% of sales for online forums go from user to user. Ask whatever questions you want, buy if you want, didn’t state you can return so no returns. You can see it fits on the car. The biggest mistake you can make Online is to Assume. You are mistaken, When a Company Makes a part it’s their responsibility to support and warranty the part. From what you’re saying, If you sold someone your 10 year old car and then the motor blew you would warranty the car? And it would be your responsibility? I put a turbo Kit on My old car and blew my engine (cranked it up to 20psi) So by your standards since it was the kit on the car that caused the engine to fail my new engine should have been brought by the company that sold me the kit?

3. This product allows for a more free flowing exhaust as do 99%of non OEM exhaust kits do. All OEM exhaust systems are restrictive to an extent (i have actually gained .6 MPG)

4. For you do doubt that it breaks every noise limit when you haven't heard it is funny because as i stated it is just a little louder than the Remus (Our Cars have 2 Cats, removing one of those would really increase sound and one resonator)

5. As for Paint I used what anyone else would use for Coating an exhaust Eastwood internal Exhaust Coating and VHT High Temp Black rated to 1000 degrees (Exhausts range anywhere from 350-700) Next Best thing is Getting the part Ceramic Coated Which will Cost about just as much as I am selling the part for.

6. Owner Mod? I brought the flange, pipe and tips and welded this in my garage. My apologizes if this appears to be a better quality Owner mod that you have seen. Serious money? The Remus exhaust is 800, im asking 350 shipped . An axel back exhaust causing a detrimental effect and ruins an engine? I have never heard of this in my life. If anything in the motor were to even begin to go severely wrong a CEL would pop up. The only thing on the exhaust is right after the headers the O2 sensors. Those monitor the A/F ratio and talk back to the PCM to adjust injector duty cycle to keep the motor running at optimal mixture. If Mazda was so worried about the Very back of the vehicles exhaust they would have put a sensor there. Also notice it is labeled silencer, so it sounds like its only job is to silence the exhaust sound

In your response to your other post , have you heard of the Magnum Moss Warranty Act?

Do you really believe Remus has extensively tested flow of their Exhaust systems?
They take measurements and make prototypes and go from there, They find a happy medium of flow vs sound. Have a jig Made up and have the parts welded. Then they throw the car on the dyno and say it produces 10whp. The biggest thing Remus says is “tuned to perfection in an acoustic laboratory”. But when you watch the video of the exhaust I say to myself it must have been a short time in that laboratory.

Reference #3 above, All Muffler companies State that their products will increase flow and possibly gas mileage, because they free up some backpressure and make it easier for an engine to push the exhaust gases out of the motor. Imagine every time you exhale someone has their hands wrapped around your neck, loosen the grip you will be able to breathe easier. Want to breathe really easy do what Honda people do and run the car with open headers and no exhaust. Do you know what the inside of a Catalytic converter looks like?

Well our Cars have 2 of those using a little common sense they would create a major portion of backpressure since all the openings are almost pin holes sized. So back to the beginning of the paragraph as long as we have 2 of these on the car lets keep that grip nice and tight around the neck because they are still on the car. The silencer (a muffler) will bounce sound waves against each other so that they cancel out and the only thing that exits the exhaust is what is not canceled out, in a stock configuration basically no sound

Just like I stated in #2 above If something were to happen why would the forum become involved? The transaction is between 2 users.

As a forum it’s your job to connect enthusiasts. If users want to buy and sell items it’s their responsibility to do all the fact checking. If I go on Ashley Madison and find a girl but then catch something Its not the forums fault.

As far as endorsing product, I didn’t ask for an endorsement from the forum. Also I don’t see where its your responsibility to hold the forum members hands as them make their own decisions about posts here.

And your last example about lemonade is funny. If I personally brought from someone I wouldnt blame the location or means of communication, I would go right back to the person. So I reference what I mentioned back at #2 . I brought the turbo kit from company XYZ picked up that turbo kit from UPS and used My Visa card to make the transaction. Should I go back to the UPS store and point my finger saying I picked it up here and used my visa card to buy it?
post #10 of 24 Old 08-05-2016, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
At no time have I suggested the forum would be liable if something went wrong, only that it gives the impression of a manufactured part being sold via this forum. I've got no problem with you selling a second hand part or accessory but again, it would have been nice on your first post to ask. The advert shows a part fitted to a car and another lay on the floor with masking tape on. This suggests more than one and that suggests parts made to order. The OEM and the Remus exhausts have a silencer. Your part has none so if you say that is marginally louder than a Remus (which technically would not meet the legal noise limit) then I have to take your word for that. I said that the advert has not been edited or removed until you had been given the opportunity to respond and now you have I'm happy to let the advert stay.

We have a lot of individuals and organisations that try to take liberties with advertising but this could have been avoided by just communicating before making your first post. If you knew how much time we spend deleting multiple spam messages you would understand.

Welcome to the forum.
greaseman85 and TiGrayMSM like this.

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode