Liftgate (lock) latch not opening - Page 2 - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 Old 06-16-2016, 06:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
I Felt a little foolish at the time. Feel better now that someone else did the same (chuckle, chuckle). Did you fix it like me by applying a little pressure to close the hatch properly, or followed the advice shown in your pic.

Last edited by Levi3xt; 06-16-2016 at 06:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 06-16-2016, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
I've done exactly the same with the CX-5 and while I was up in Scotland - it was two days old! I started thinking about which piece of glass would be the cheapest and most readily available. Then, after thinking there was not much else to lose, I clicked fully onto the second catch and bingo, it came undone. Brew time!

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"
post #13 of 17 Old 06-17-2016, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
I love this message board so hard. When I finally, finally get the CX-3, I'm going to look like a genius for knowing all of these bits and bobs.

Bonus: My '03 Jetta's behavior is making me think a CX-3 will have to happen in the next six weeks. Today, the OH-MY-GOD-WHERE'S-THE-OIL-PRESSURE light came on for just a second. Like a harbinger of doom. She's not long for this world and I think she's trying to prepare me.

post #14 of 17 Old 06-17-2016, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I love this message board so hard. When I finally, finally get the CX-3, I'm going to look like a genius for knowing all of these bits and bobs.

Bonus: My '03 Jetta's behavior is making me think a CX-3 will have to happen in the next six weeks. Today, the OH-MY-GOD-WHERE'S-THE-OIL-PRESSURE light came on for just a second. Like a harbinger of doom. She's not long for this world and I think she's trying to prepare me.
Good for you Sarah.

You'll like it even better soon because we are having a new section where all the hints and tips that various members have posted are under one section where you can easily find them. I'll also compile all the pdf's necessary for routine servicing and and common jobs like changing pads and rotors etc. We'll have the best source for information in the world.

Now about this ailing Jetta, there is oil in that sump isn't there? If I ever start building cars (probably won't) I will insist my electrical boffin adds an OMG! Light at the top of the dash to go with all the other warnings. For no better reason than it makes me chuckle. You would of course get a small royalty for said feature.
Sarah likes this.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"
post #15 of 17 Old 06-18-2016, 06:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Anchorman, I'd been thinking how to get a lot of the info presented on this forum then, low and behold you post:

"You'll like it even better soon because we are having a new section where all the hints and tips that various members have posted are under one section where you can easily find them. I'll also compile all the pdf's necessary for routine servicing and and common jobs like changing pads and rotors etc. We'll have the best source for information in the world.

You've made my day (and, I'm betting many others). I'm now a happy camper AND, an even happier CX-3 driver.
anchorman likes this.
post #16 of 17 Old 04-25-2018, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Tailgate buttons etc

Thanks for the info we have just had the "locked" tailgate scenario, I have always used the RH button to unlock but last night it failed to open the tailgate, since have located the centre button (didn't know 2 buttons ?) BUT what is the purpose of the RH tailgate button, no info in handbook, thanks rgds, Paul H.
post #17 of 17 Old Today, 01:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post
That caught me out once too.

For anybody that needs to open the back door from the inside, it can be done but it is a fiddle. You have to press the button highlighted here with a small screwdriver.

Interesting. The latch on my Mazda CX3 looks somewhat different. Maybe it is the angle. There are directions for manually opening the liftgate in CX3 manual 7-44. I've decided to make an appointment with the dealer tomorrow. Better to let them fix it.

It was a blast unloading a trunk full of groceries by dragging the bags out through the dropped down backseat opening.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode