Fuel Efficiency (mpg) - Page 11 - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 117 Old 04-24-2017, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Excellent! I guess I need to actually read the owners manual before I waste folks time here...LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 117 Old 04-25-2017, 12:33 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by elllowviper View Post
Excellent! I guess I need to actually read the owners manual before I waste folks time here...LOL.

If you have a moment, add your location to your profile.
We have found numerous differences based on location.

I've read my owner's manual and waste lots of time here

2016 Soul Red CX-3 GT with technology package (Canadian specs)

Type: DOHC-16V in-line, 4-cylinder
Bore ◊ Stroke: 83.5 ◊ 91.2 mm (3.29 ◊ 3.59 in)
Displacement: 1,997.6 ml (1,997.6 cc)
Compression ratio: 13.0
post #103 of 117 Old 05-01-2017, 01:33 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
SO spent the week with my new Touring AWD. Pulling out from the Dealer with 9 miles on the ODO, MPG average was at 20. After 200 miles of mixed city driving, this AM the average had increaseed to 26.1. Is there a way to reset the average MPG so it starts recalcuating from a new baseline? I see I don't have a trip ODO function (unless its hidden in the settings software that I haven't explored as of yet). Also, we run an ethanol blend here (up to 10% ethanol) so that in and of itself will lower MPG. I can get non-ethanol blend at about $.60 a gal more. I might try a tank or two of that to see if I get the 8-10% better gas mileage than the ethanol blend. So far, much better than commuting in my 10 MPG Dodge truck!!

I have always used the highest premium in my cars and particular this one (2016 sTouring CX3) and it loves it! Great mileage. Yeah it isnt as cost effective as such but better performance.

Bryan

post #104 of 117 Old 05-23-2017, 01:28 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Remember, CAFE fuel economy numbers are calculated using DOT standardized 100 octane test fuel..to ensure 100% repeatablility across all makes, models, and manufacturers. When you use 'real world' 87 octane 10% ethanol blend, you mileage WILL BE much less (as many have experienced). Best mileage you will get is by using non-ethanol 100% gas. Try that (if you can find it) and report back.
I finally tried 87 octane with no ethanol, very minor difference. I get close to 1 mpg higher than with 10% ethanol. E10 is around $2.19/gal and E0 is around $2.60/gal. At that price difference vs. increase of mileage, it is not worth it to use E0 for me.
post #105 of 117 Old 05-23-2017, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I have always used the highest premium in my cars and particular this one (2016 sTouring CX3) and it loves it! Great mileage. Yeah it isnt as cost effective as such but better performance.
I highly doubt you're getting any better performance or fuel economy by using premium fuel. It must be a placebo effect. The car is simply not designed to take advantage of higher octane fuel.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
post #106 of 117 Old 05-24-2017, 08:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blundar View Post
I finally tried 87 octane with no ethanol, very minor difference. I get close to 1 mpg higher than with 10% ethanol. E10 is around $2.19/gal and E0 is around $2.60/gal. At that price difference vs. increase of mileage, it is not worth it to use E0 for me.
I probably also get 1 or 2 hp extra also if any improvement at all. It is barely even noticeable and not worth while to switch away from E10.
post #107 of 117 Old 05-26-2017, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
The use of Ethanol is an issue only if the car is going to be left in a garage with gas in the tank for an extended period of time. Gasoline/ethanol blends will decrease in octane levels the longer it is stored. I once had a lawn mower that sat all winter with a full tank of gas and adamantly refused to start until I dumped the gas and put fresh fuel in the tank. Otherwise anything other than regular gas is money down the drain. I now make sure that if I am going to store a piece of equipment with gas in the tank for a while, I will fill up with premium gas and add a few ounces of stabilizer.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
post #108 of 117 Old 06-29-2017, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Hi Im getting 8.9 km per litre on my Mazda s computer , what do you think please ? Im actually driving really carfully because my mazda have only 200 kms on the clock but always with my ac on . What do you think on consumption ?
On
post #109 of 117 Old 06-30-2017, 12:37 PM

Garage
Quote:

I probably also get 1 or 2 hp extra also if any improvement at all. It is barely even noticeable and not worth while to switch away from E10.
I just recently also tried out E15. It is still rated as safe to use and does not require flex fuel capability. E15 is slightly better at 88 octane and even cheaper still than E10.

With E15 I get the best of all combinations (more performance approximately 1 or 2 hp, better fuel economy approx 2 mpg, at the best price at around $2.00/gal)!
post #110 of 117 Old 06-30-2017, 12:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Hi Im getting 8.9 km per litre on my Mazda s computer , what do you think please ? Im actually driving really carfully because my mazda have only 200 kms on the clock but always with my ac on . What do you think on consumption ?
On
That is a bit low but not unreasonable for city driving. Considering that you have such a low number of km's on the clock, your motor will loosen up and you will see much improved economy by 10,000 km's.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode