Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

windshield washer tank

11K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  CX-ME 
#1 ·
Tank seems just as small as the fuel tank! lol
Also I cant believe there is no warning light for low fluid or is there and mine is just broke? I barely used it and the other day it stopped working and seemed empty. I will have to check it tomorrow.

#2 ·
Mine has a light on the dash but it isn't wired. I ran it dry to check. It's just got that plastic ribbon to use as a dipstick. I reckon the washer jets are a bit feeble unles my pumps are blocked.

#3 ·
The light has worked in my vehicle. I hit a raccoon which broke the windshield washer tank. It leaked completely and the light came on near empty. Finally getting it fixed next week. All the parts were on back order so I've had to look at the damage for the past couple weeks.

#4 ·
We get screwed for everything. Your models have features that ours don’t - its just what Mazda GB orders off the factory. If they could screw a bit more, they’d take half the oil out of the sump and then deliver it so the fact that yours came with a warning light and UK ones don’t doesn’t exactly shock me. Hey ho.

#5 ·
I am surprised by the differences in US verses UK features. I understand the 1.5 diesel verses the 2.0 gas but why everything else? I think it would be less expensive, through the economy of scale, to make them all the same. Same parts, same features just a different power train.

#6 ·
Not always a different powertrain! If we spec the same where possible, there are still this subtle differences. No wonder the Japanese invented JIT manufacturing!

#7 ·
In Canada the buyers of the MX5 Grand Touring get a Limited Slip Differential while US buyers do not. This is a very desirable feature on a sports car. How can the US MX5 GT not have a LSD? Lots of chatter on the Miata.net forum on this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.