5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 Old 11-01-2015, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Aftermarket Goodies

Its been nearly half a year, so I'd expect to start seeing aftermarket parts becoming available for our CX3's, yet I can't manage to find anything for it, other than "one size fits all" things.

The usual go-to guys, Corksport, has nothing as of yet as well. I've seen that Remus has an axle-back exhaust for it, and a really awful looking kit by AutoExe, but anyone heard news from a specific aftermarket manufacturer, or maybe have bought aftermarket parts?

Keep Calm and Zoom Zoom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 11-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Since the CX-3 has only been out in the US for a couple months, I wouldn't expect to see anything from Corksport anytime soon. I know they got a Miata fresh off the boat and are probably focusing R&D on that. I'm sure if you want to be a donor car for some fittings, they'd probably be interested in taking a closer look.
post #3 of 43 Old 11-02-2015, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I wouldn't mind being a bit of a donor, but I'm nowhere near them, and this is my only vehicle, so parting with it for whatever time is not going to happen. I was just assuming that within half a year we'd see intakes or exhausts for it from them. I don't believe the parts are similar as they Mazda3, are they? As in universal between the 3 and CX3?

Keep Calm and Zoom Zoom

post #4 of 43 Old 11-03-2015, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Ah, I see you're not very close lol. I know the Corksport guys and they're great - did some work on my old Mazda3.

From what I've read, exhaust is tricky on the CX-3 due to the complex geometry of outfitting AWD on a Mazda2 platform so it's pretty unique. No clue if you can use a 2.0 intake but IMO, pointless on this kind of vehicle. This isn't likely to be a tuners vehicle so I doubt any performance products won't be rushed to market.
post #5 of 43 Old 11-03-2015, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
There has already been two body kits created for the CX3. So stuff is coming and stuff stuff has already arrived.

Here's one such thread.

http://www.cx3forum.com/forum/genera...da-cx-3-a.html
post #6 of 43 Old 11-03-2015, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Im not too keen on any kits of any sort, I like the look of them. But being a Mazda, I cant help but adding more zoom zoom to it, with some simple aftermarket stuff, like short ram intake, high flow filters, and liking the exhaust note, Id like to think the sound with a proper exhaust would be nice, even if it were at the minimum, and axle back. I am aware it has a very strange path that the exhaust takes, probably making it difficult to do anything special with.
@DJ9999 , Id like to think otherwise about the pointlessness of doing anything to the CX3, to me it feels and looks more like a sport wagon than a cuv. Id even prefer calling it a hatchback instead. And it looks too sporty to not have a bit more sportier sound, and potentially a bit more power, but like you said, priority to the Miata I suppose.

Keep Calm and Zoom Zoom
post #7 of 43 Old 12-10-2015, 01:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
same here. I'd like a good axleback but can't bring myself to pay $700 to ship a Remus over from Europe unless it sounds amazing. (and I can't tell enough on its sound just based on that short YouTube video)
post #8 of 43 Old 12-10-2015, 01:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Dynotronics (tuner) and ECUtek (platform provider) will be bringing tunes. They already worked on Mazda3, CX-5, Miata.

Current group buy for Miata ND tune.
http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=594904

Last edited by Soraia; 12-10-2015 at 01:47 AM.
post #9 of 43 Old 12-12-2015, 03:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Just in from our lads over at CorkSport - Power series short ram intake for the CX-3 / $180 three colors available (Blue, red and black). Short YouTube video on how to install it also. Well, it's a start 😉.

Mazda CX3 Performance | Short Ram Intake

Cheers for now
Mick
post #10 of 43 Old 12-12-2015, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Oh no, more CX-3 carnage;-)

I think I'd like a kit to make mine even quieter so I can creep up behind in stealth mode - a kind of monument to the years of anti noise legislation around the world.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. 2018 anchorman

.........and another thing"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode