A/C Condenser now 84 month Warranty - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2019, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A/C Condenser now 84 month Warranty

I had my A/C repaired under orig 3/36 warranty. Just noticed on the NHTSA.gov web site that Mazda has extended the warranty on the condenser to 7 years. Document posted on NHTSA site.

NHTSA ID Number: 10165351

Manufacturer Communication Number: SSPB8

Summary

The warranty coverage for the repair of the A/C Condenser due to refrigerant leak from condenser caused by corrosion is extended to 7 years (84 months) from the original New Vehicle Limited Warranty (Normal Warranty) start date, with no mileage limitation.

2016 CX-3 AWD Jet Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2019, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Any idea where I can find more information regarding this? I wasn't able to find anything under either of those numbers - 10165351 or SSPB8 on the NHTSA.gov website. I did have mine repaired under warranty one time but had to do it again this spring and pay out of pocket. Would love to be able to ask for a refund!
Old 10-11-2019, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Any idea where I can find more information regarding this? I wasn't able to find anything under either of those numbers - 10165351 or SSPB8 on the NHTSA.gov website. I did have mine repaired under warranty one time but had to do it again this spring and pay out of pocket. Would love to be able to ask for a refund!
Affects 2016-2017 CX-3s.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2016/M...Communications

Takes a second to find it.
-----
September 4, 2019 MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: SSPB8
Components: EQUIPMENT
NHTSA ID Number: 10165351

Manufacturer Communication Number: SSPB8

Summary

The warranty coverage for the repair of the A/C Condenser due to refrigerant leak from condenser caused by corrosion is extended to 7 years (84 months) from the original New Vehicle Limited Warranty (Normal Warranty) start date, with no mileage limitation. Concern Outline

On certain subject CX-3 vehicles, the A/C condenser may be corroded, causing an A/C refrigerant leak. Vehicles with this condition may exhibit no cool air from the climate control vents when the A/C is ON. This warranty extension program applies only to the repair of the A/C condenser with this concern. This is a warranty extension for the specified repair only. Inspection and replacement of non-failed parts will not be eligible for reimbursement to the dealer or customer. This program extends the warranty period for actual failures due to defects in workmanship or materials in accordance with the Mazda Warranty Policy and Procedures.

2 Affected Products
Vehicle
MAKE MODEL YEAR

MAZDA CX-3 2016-2017

Old 10-11-2019, 09:36 PM

Awesome - thanks!
Old 10-15-2019, 07:42 AM
JPA

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
I took my car for 48 month/80 000 km service this morning and they told me that the AC condenser will be replaced for free.
My car is 2015 model so it's 4 years old and I've done ~65000 km.

CX-3 2.0 SKYACTIVE-G Premium Plus 6MT AWD
Old 10-22-2019, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! My pre-purchase inspection revealed exactly this problem on my 2016 CX-3, and the dealer (not Mazda affiliated) agreed to fix it for me as part of our deal for the car. Should I take it to a Mazda dealership instead? (it shouldn't cost me anything either way, if I understand this post)
Old 10-23-2019, 05:11 PM

You should probably call Mazda first and have them check that the VIN is covered. Even though mine is a 2016 that had that exact problem, I was told my VIN wasn't included in the extended warranty...
Old 10-24-2019, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Hmm! If it were me I would escalate the issue to Mazda head office. As far as I know everyone with a flakey A/C condenser got it replaced or repaired free of charge (including me).

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Useful info here!
Question though, where is Mazda honoring this AC repair/warranty issue, I mean is it region specific or global initiative?
As mine has a tiny leak at the condenser, but there has been no info regarding this TSB or warranty extension.

I'm in South Africa, the Mazda vehicles here are based on the EU region specifications.

Thanks

2016 Cx-3, 2.0L petrol, manual transmission. South Africa.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Does anyone know if this AC Condenser issue only affects the 2016/2017 MY? What about the 2018/2019s? Has Mazda already fixed this issue in the later model years?

2017 CX-9 Signature Machine Grey
2019 CX-3 GS AWD Snowflake white pearl