Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Racing Beat CX-3 AWD catback available for pre-order.

8K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  NotAPreppie 
#1 ·
Racing Beat has had a cat back for the cx-3 for a couple of months now, but it was only available for the two wheel drive cx-3. This of course is crazy as most of us get the all-wheel drive cx-3. Racing beats all the mistake they made I think, and now they have an all-wheel drive version of the cat back. It is $455 and will be available at the end of June.

http://www.racingbeat.com/CX5/Cat-Back-Exhausts/72201.html

#3 ·
I always thought it was so incredibly insane that Remus charged so much for their exhaust and you didn't even get tips. Of course with racing beat the tips are integrated with the exhaust, they're welded on.

Goodwin Racing has it for $435.

Racing Beat exhausts were used by Mazda themselves on the Mazdaspeed Protege and the MP3 Protege, so you know the quality is good.

#4 ·
Now I'm hoping that Corksport will offer a full exhaust that eliminates the second catalytic converter just like they do on the 3. and maybe even offer the midsection without the converter separate from the muffler section. That way even if you buy the Racing Beat exhaust now, you could still add the Corksport midsection later.

Corksport told me that there exhaust is about 3 months away, but they only took the suggestion of the full exhaust option like the 3, so I'm not sure if that is even going to be offered for the CX-3. If the pricing is similar to their other exhausts, the Corksport exhaust will be more expensive then the Racing Beat, even if it's just the muffler section.

#5 ·
Yes I as well was planning on a Remus. There’s quite a few vids on the sound that I’ve found are quite good.
Racing Beat seems like a way more reasonable option unless it’s TOO loud and drones on when at highway speeds.
From what I’ve seen, the Remus hits it’s notes at acceleration, otherwise it’s subtle so that’s appealing.
Would like to avoid at all costs the full on ricer lawnmower sound. Just not for me lol.

#6 ·
Remus can now be had for $540, w/out tips, but with shipping.
For me, Racing Beats require $94 shipping to Maine.
If I knew the O.D. of the Remus outlets, I'd go for the Remus with a pair of eBay tips.

#7 ·
There are sound clips on Racing Beat's website. Just look at the ones for the CX-5 or the 3. It is a very mild tone and sounds quite good. Really how it should have been factory. Plus they claim to have specifically targeted elimination of drone in the rpm range where the Skyactiv operates most of the time.

#8 ·
Like I said check out Goodwin Racing. They sell the Racing Beat exhausts for less than Racing Beat themselves.

#9 ·
Thanks Torque! All great ideas. I never even thought to get the Remus, then ebaying the tips lol!
I’ll def check out the rest of your suggestions though, especially what the cost of shipping would be to Western Canada via Goodwin on the Racing Beats.
So far here, I can ONLY find Remus and that’s at over $1200 CAD (angled carbon tips)

#13 ·
My corksport axle back exhaust should arrive today. But I will not install till after winter. But I will get some sound clips up when it is installed

#15 ·
Only if you're looking for performance. If all you want is a different sound, it's impossible without changing some part of the exhaust system.

#17 ·
There's always a subset of the population that isn't happy with the way that any manufacturer engineers their cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.