Racing Beat CX-3 AWD catback available for pre-order. - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 06-14-2018, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Racing Beat CX-3 AWD catback available for pre-order.

Racing Beat has had a cat back for the cx-3 for a couple of months now, but it was only available for the two wheel drive cx-3. This of course is crazy as most of us get the all-wheel drive cx-3. Racing beats all the mistake they made I think, and now they have an all-wheel drive version of the cat back. It is $455 and will be available at the end of June.

http://www.racingbeat.com/CX5/Cat-Ba...sts/72201.html
TiGrayMSM and PandaG like this.

2018 Machine Gray Mazda 6 Grand Touring 2.5 Turbo 35% tint, OEM splash guards, LED bulbs inside and license plate, Orange Virus Tune (coming soon), Corksport intake (coming soon), modification to area behind the grill to bring more air to the stock airbox scoop with K&N filter, Maxpider 3D floor mats, G2 silver caliper coating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 06-15-2018, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Certainly less than the Remus. $445 includes the tips and shipping?

EDIT: Includes tips but not shipping.

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.

Last edited by mainemanx; 06-15-2018 at 11:16 AM.
post #3 of 17 Old 06-16-2018, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

I always thought it was so incredibly insane that Remus charged so much for their exhaust and you didn't even get tips. Of course with racing beat the tips are integrated with the exhaust, they're welded on.

Goodwin Racing has it for $435.

Racing Beat exhausts were used by Mazda themselves on the Mazdaspeed Protege and the MP3 Protege, so you know the quality is good.

2018 Machine Gray Mazda 6 Grand Touring 2.5 Turbo 35% tint, OEM splash guards, LED bulbs inside and license plate, Orange Virus Tune (coming soon), Corksport intake (coming soon), modification to area behind the grill to bring more air to the stock airbox scoop with K&N filter, Maxpider 3D floor mats, G2 silver caliper coating.

post #4 of 17 Old 06-16-2018, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Now I'm hoping that Corksport will offer a full exhaust that eliminates the second catalytic converter just like they do on the 3. and maybe even offer the midsection without the converter separate from the muffler section. That way even if you buy the Racing Beat exhaust now, you could still add the Corksport midsection later.

Corksport told me that there exhaust is about 3 months away, but they only took the suggestion of the full exhaust option like the 3, so I'm not sure if that is even going to be offered for the CX-3. If the pricing is similar to their other exhausts, the Corksport exhaust will be more expensive then the Racing Beat, even if it's just the muffler section.

post #5 of 17 Old 06-16-2018, 02:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Garage
Yes I as well was planning on a Remus. There’s quite a few vids on the sound that I’ve found are quite good.
Racing Beat seems like a way more reasonable option unless it’s TOO loud and drones on when at highway speeds.
From what I’ve seen, the Remus hits it’s notes at acceleration, otherwise it’s subtle so that’s appealing.
Would like to avoid at all costs the full on ricer lawnmower sound. Just not for me lol.
TiGrayMSM likes this.

2018 Mazda CX3-GS, Lux + iActiveSense Pkgs. Eternal Blue Mica.
post #6 of 17 Old 06-16-2018, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

Remus can now be had for $540, w/out tips, but with shipping.
For me, Racing Beats require $94 shipping to Maine.
If I knew the O.D. of the Remus outlets, I'd go for the Remus with a pair of eBay tips.

post #7 of 17 Old 06-16-2018, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

There are sound clips on Racing Beat's website. Just look at the ones for the CX-5 or the 3. It is a very mild tone and sounds quite good. Really how it should have been factory. Plus they claim to have specifically targeted elimination of drone in the rpm range where the Skyactiv operates most of the time.

post #8 of 17 Old 06-16-2018, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Like I said check out Goodwin Racing. They sell the Racing Beat exhausts for less than Racing Beat themselves.

post #9 of 17 Old 06-16-2018, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUERULES View Post
Like I said check out Goodwin Racing. They sell the Racing Beat exhausts for less than Racing Beat themselves.
Thanks Torque! All great ideas. I never even thought to get the Remus, then ebaying the tips lol!
I’ll def check out the rest of your suggestions though, especially what the cost of shipping would be to Western Canada via Goodwin on the Racing Beats.
So far here, I can ONLY find Remus and that’s at over $1200 CAD (angled carbon tips)

2018 Mazda CX3-GS, Lux + iActiveSense Pkgs. Eternal Blue Mica.
post #10 of 17 Old 06-17-2018, 01:14 AM
Super Moderator

ebay search example: _carbon fiber exhaust tip_

Last edited by mainemanx; 06-17-2018 at 04:10 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode