User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-20-2018, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Garage
SkyActive-X

An intersting read for those who havenít had a chance to check it out. Integrating diesel and gasoline combustion processes hmmm...
Also Mazda giving a slight middle finger to the electric eco trend for now (at least in this case).

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/ma...combustion/#/4

2018 Mazda CX3-GS, Lux + iActiveSense Pkgs. Eternal Blue Mica.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-20-2018, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
I don't think they are really flipping the bird at electric-heads. They will probably offer electric cars when it makes sense to do so. Car makers that are going headlong into this like a pack of lemmings (like the two "V' s - Volvo and Volkswagen) will find that there really isn't enough infrastructure to support it and probably will not be for some appreciable time. So I applaud Mazda's steady slow entry into this segment. But why would they rush into anyway? They have the skyactiveX coming which will be about as economical to run on gasoline as the electric car will end up pulling off the grid. I have spotted exactly one charging station in all of rural Southern Ontario in Canada (where I live) that I have visited. Not exactly a headlong rush.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-21-2018, 01:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Mazda has licensed Toyota’s hybrid technology, so it isn’t a stretch to assume they will offer conventional hybrid vehicles in the future. Still, the X tech is interesting...

post #4 of 4 Old 02-21-2018, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Garage
Yes the charging stations are a thing. I don't even know where there is one in Alberta.
I , too, am glad Mazda is still progressing with the combustibles and the Sky X will be neat to see when it does roll out.

I also just found the video really interesting as, when you just stop to think about it, the precision, timing, and mathematics that goes into a modern engine is pretty amazing.
Most of us get in, turn it on, and go about the day not even thinking about decades of tweaks and improvements.

That being said, there are times that I do miss being able to wing it and fix the engine myself (had a 1976 Pontiac Firebird at one point).
Canadian Tire + Haynes Repair Manual + find part + grab beer + realize its the wrong part + Canadian Tire again + spend hours fixing/tinkering + busted knuckles + didn't screw up = bragging rights to your buddies, oh yeah!

Nowadays? I got freaked out hardwiring a bloody dashcam on the CX lol

2018 Mazda CX3-GS, Lux + iActiveSense Pkgs. Eternal Blue Mica.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode