1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 01-11-2017, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
issue with iStop

Hi peeps,

I am a happy owner of a Mazda CX 3 since June now and so far I have no complain about it.

But recently I have noticed something weird.

The thing is when I push the accelerator paddle I feel like the car is heavy and it takes 2 or 3 second to respond

i have noticed while I am driving the iStop green light is always on, when before it was on only when I stop in the traffic or red light.

I tried to turn off/on the iStop thinking it will fix it but nothing still the same.

Does anybody faces the same thing ? is it a problem or I am just confusing?

Many thanks
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 01-11-2017, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum.
Where are You located?
They are slight differences depending on where in the world You are.
This is taken from the manual:
The i-stop indicator light (green) turns on under the following conditions:
 When engine idling is stopped. 
(Except European model) Engine idling stop conditions are met while the vehicle is being driven.

So in Europe, the light comes on, when iStop is activated, at a stop light for example.
Outside of Europe, the light comes on when iStop conditions are met, but the car is still being driven.

2015 Mazda CX-3 2.0 120HP Optimum Aut. Jet Black -with all the gadgets
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 Old 01-11-2017, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
When does your car feel heavy? Is it when youre for exampel driving in highway and suddenly press accelerator pedal down? Or is the car heavy when you stand still and start accelerating from idle?

CX-3 Optimum 150 hp 2.0 petrol, automatic and AWD.
Meteor Grey.

post #4 of 20 Old 01-11-2017, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTwoMeter View Post
When does your car feel heavy? Is it when youre for exampel driving in highway and suddenly press accelerator pedal down? Or is the car heavy when you stand still and start accelerating from idle?
The heavy feeling usually comes when im driving like you said in highway and wanna push it more by pressing the accelerator
it taks 2 or 3 seconds to respond

Quote:
Originally Posted by santa View Post
Welcome to the forum.
Where are You located?
They are slight differences depending on where in the world You are.
This is taken from the manual:
The i-stop indicator light (green) turns on under the following conditions:
 When engine idling is stopped. 
(Except European model) Engine idling stop conditions are met while the vehicle is being driven.

So in Europe, the light comes on, when iStop is activated, at a stop light for example.
Outside of Europe, the light comes on when iStop conditions are met, but the car is still being driven.
Thank you mate for the welcoming message I really appreciate
In fact im living in Thailand and bought it brand new from here last June
post #5 of 20 Old 01-11-2017, 02:58 PM

So You should see the light when driving and the conditions for iStop are met.
Why You only saw it when iStop was actually in function, I have no idea but it seems to be working as it should.

There shouldn't be delay when You press the accelerator.
Is it an auto or manual?
If You have an auto, is there any difference if You activate the "Sport" button?

Either way, I would take to the garage and have them look at it.

post #6 of 20 Old 01-11-2017, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by santa View Post
So You should see the light when driving and the conditions for iStop are met.
Why You only saw it when iStop was actually in function, I have no idea but it seems to be working as it should.

There shouldn't be delay when You press the accelerator.
Is it an auto or manual?
If You have an auto, is there any difference if You activate the "Sport" button?

Either way, I would take to the garage and have them look at it.
yes the iStop is working normally but as far as I remember I think the light wasn't on while driving but im not sure cant remember exactly

I have an auto haven't tested it with the sport activated lately I am not able for now to say if this delay also occurs on sport mode. I will activate it and see.

So if it's not due to the iStop (I just guessed it was that) what do you think might be the reason ?

Maybe Gas ? I am always using E20 mostly from the same Gas station
post #7 of 20 Old 01-11-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
yes the iStop is working normally but as far as I remember I think the light wasn't on while driving but im not sure cant remember exactly

I have an auto haven't tested it with the sport activated lately I am not able for now to say if this delay also occurs on sport mode. I will activate it and see.

So if it's not due to the iStop (I just guessed it was that) what do you think might be the reason ?

Maybe Gas ? I am always using E20 mostly from the same Gas station
If iStop is working as it should, then I don't think that's the problem (but only the garage can tell You for sure).
I'm not sure about gas and how the quality will affect the engine response.
But I wouldn't think it should hesitate because of it.
You could try filling it up at another gas station and see if it behaves differently.

post #8 of 20 Old 01-12-2017, 07:29 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
I dont think there is nothing wrong. If you already drive in high speed and want to accelerate more, it will take maybe 2 seconds for the hole system to process all data. Recognize how much you press the throttle, shift down etc... our engine in cx3 is not for "racing" so to say, unfortunately.

CX-3 Optimum 150 hp 2.0 petrol, automatic and AWD.
Meteor Grey.
post #9 of 20 Old 01-12-2017, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTwoMeter View Post
I dont think there is nothing wrong. If you already drive in high speed and want to accelerate more, it will take maybe 2 seconds for the hole system to process all data. Recognize how much you press the throttle, shift down etc... our engine in cx3 is not for "racing" so to say, unfortunately.
it's not about racing cause even tho Im driving at low speed and try to accelerate a bit it has this heavy feeling
for exmp im driving in the city at 40km/h and want to accelerate it takes 2 3 scd after i pushed the pedal to start increasing the speed.

so im just wondering wether this is normal or not
post #10 of 20 Old 01-12-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
it's not about racing cause even tho Im driving at low speed and try to accelerate a bit it has this heavy feeling
for exmp im driving in the city at 40km/h and want to accelerate it takes 2 3 scd after i pushed the pedal to start increasing the speed.

so im just wondering wether this is normal or not
Mine doesn't feel like that at all.
There is a slight delay if it needs to change down a gear, but it's not 2-3 seconds (maybe half a second).
And if it doesn't need to shift down it will accelerate without delay and this is even in town with the engine running 1200-1300 rpm (around 50 km/h).

But I'll try it out later today and keep a closer eye on how it perfoms, just to be sure :-)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode