User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2016, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I-stop

Hi everyone, found this forum online and thought this would be the best place to ask my question..

I bought my CX-3 last week and I LOVE it! I upgraded from a Mazda 2 so all these new bits of technology are mind-boggling to me! How do I know my I-stop is working? It worked the first 2 days I had the vehicle, and now I have noticed that it doesn't come on anymore. I take it it's because I'm doing shorter journeys now so it doesn't need to come on? Is there a symbol on the dashboard that should be on permanently when the I-stop is switched on and ready to use, or does it only come on when I-stop is engaged?

Thanks in advance for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2016, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
You can go into the APPS menu in the infotainment and choose the economy app. On the first page it will show You if the engine, battery and A/C is ready or not for iStop to work -)

Oh, and there isn't a light in the dash showing if it's ready. The light in the dash only comes on when it has actually stopped the engine (as far as I remember).

2015 Mazda CX-3 2.0 120HP Optimum Aut. Jet Black -with all the gadgets
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by santa; 09-26-2016 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Added information
Old 09-26-2016, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Let me know if/how you destroyed it. Very little annoys me about the cx-3, but the istop does.

I cant turn it off permanently. There are clever ways around it by bypassing some electrics, with a electric component, but thats not my league.

Its annoying, u dont save petrol, and it uses the starter at least twice as much for nothing.

Im going to find a way and then let u know

Old 09-27-2016, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the advice! Yes I agree, the istop is the only thing I don't like about the car. But as it's something new I keep trying to use it (the novelty will wear off!). Out of habit, I always sit at lights or junctions will the car in gear and the UK model has to be out of gear with the clutch out for I-stop to engage, thankfully!
Old 09-27-2016, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Court, are you talking petrol or diesel? Without saying, everybody here will assume petrol or gasoline. If it's diesel, the most likely issue is that it is trying to regenerate the exhaust filter. Do like Santa says above and where it shows the engine graphic, if it says "NOT READY" look which of the little symbols does not have a blue halo around it then report back.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"
Old 09-27-2016, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Anchorman, it's a 2.0ltr petrol. I'll try flicking through the controls next time im out in it and see what it says!
Old 09-27-2016, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
For everyone that dosent like the istop function getting on. Just press the brake pedal gently when you have to stop, not to hard otherwise the istop will stop the engine.

CX-3 Optimum 150 hp 2.0 petrol, automatic and AWD.
Meteor Grey.
Old 09-28-2016, 06:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I'm happy this stop-start deal is not on the USA models. I hope the driver, if i-stop is not wanted, does not have to hit the button to disable every time the car is started.

'Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

2019 CX-5 Signature Sonic Silver

2017 CX-3 Titanium Mica on Black GT AWD w/i-Activsense (Retired)
Old 09-28-2016, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
I don't get the big fuzz about it.
For me it works perfectly with the auto transmission.
As PeterTwoMeter says, don't press the brake pedal as hard and it won't spring into action.

If You have a manual transmission, just press the clutch and leave it in gear.
anchorman, jtonline and st3v3cx-3 like this.

2015 Mazda CX-3 2.0 120HP Optimum Aut. Jet Black -with all the gadgets

Old 09-29-2016, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by santa View Post
I don't get the big fuzz about it.
For me it works perfectly with the auto transmission.
As PeterTwoMeter says, don't press the brake pedal as hard and it won't spring into action.

If You have a manual transmission, just press the clutch and leave it in gear.
When you stop at a crossing or something u 99% of the time have a different gear than the 1st gear and therefore have to change gear. Maybe i should write a letter to mazda and tell them how angry i am And why does it stall when the clutchpedal is in, and whyyyyyy does it turn it self on again asdfasdfasdf need a hack.