User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 08-15-2016, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
Question about navigation volume

Is the radio/music volume supposed to decrease when the navigation gives directions like in other cars? Either I hadn't noticed it before, or it did work that way and for some reason it doesn't anymore. So now I have to really increase the navigation volume and decrease music volume to properly hear directions. This really doesn't sound normal to me. Can someone confirm please?

I know in my previous car it worked that way, and my Android phone works that way too when I'm running Google navigation while playing music on bluetooth.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-15-2016, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Yes, the radio volume decreases when the Nav is providing guidance.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 08-15-2016, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Perhaps it only decreases the music volume by a preset non-adjustable amount when Navigation guidance is being given, so if you have music playing at a high volume it will still be difficult to hear the Navigaton guidance unless it is set to a higher value via the Guidance Volume setting within the Navigation Settings Menu? Also, doesn't it only cut the volume of the driver's side speaker when Navigation guidance is being given which again could mean high music volume would lessen the ability to hear a lowish volume Guidance setting? I believe the volume control on the centre console can be used to adjust the volume of any Traffic Announcement when it is being given, without affecting the music volume.

2016 Sport Nav 2.0 Petrol Automatic Arctic White plus options

Last edited by st3v3cx-3; 08-16-2016 at 04:10 PM.

post #4 of 9 Old 08-15-2016, 11:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
I like our navigation system but miss the (albeit out date and hard to update) Tom-Tom that was in my MS3. At least I could mute the voice directions, but it would pipe up if there was a change in the traffic pattern (i.e., an accident ahead). When I mute the CX-3s navigation, I do not get alerts for an alternate route unless I go into the menu and ask for it. Even though I drive the same route (pronounced "rowt" in the US, but I changed the voice in my MS3 to proper English [could not get a French maid option] so she would pronounce it "root") I like to hear what's up ahead.

'16 Meteor Gray Mica FWD GT
post #5 of 9 Old 08-16-2016, 12:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Garage
I actually noticed a similar thing, but for me the volume stopped decreasing for navigation, the safety warnings, phone calls and SMS. It has to be some sort of glitch because to fix it all I had to do was cycle through the menu options for nav, phone ect and it started working again. I noticed the same thing in my friends new 3.

Mazda CX-3 S-Touring Deep Crystal Blue 6MT
post #6 of 9 Old 08-16-2016, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Yes all of a sudden, mine does not decrease the music volume as the GPS voice talks. Often i changed the volume of the voice on the steering wheel whilst it speaks the guidance, it could be by pressing the middle of the volume up/down button on the steering wheel it turns that feature on/off? will try soon if i can remember to do so.

2015 Mazda CX3 S-Touring AWD Diesel Turbo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-16-2016, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Interesting, Silman. There must be a setting somewhere and it would make sense if accidentally pressing the middle button would have turned it off or something. I need to try it too.

post #8 of 9 Old 08-17-2016, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
I wasn't able to fix this today. And the middle button is just for the info on the dash. So it seems a factory reset is in order but want to see if you have been able to find the fix.
post #9 of 9 Old 08-17-2016, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Nope, haven't found any settings to fix this. Next time I take my car to Mazda for service I'll mention it to the techs.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode