User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 06-06-2016, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Another navigation question

Another navigation question. In my previous car I used a TomTom, it could indicate the SPEED the car was travelling at. I can't see this on the CX-3. Is it just not available or, am I not putting in the the correct info. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 06-06-2016, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
It will flag if your breaking the current speed limit. The road speed limit sign will turn red. As for your actual speed the car speedometer will be more accurate.

Still.................mustn't grumble
post #3 of 19 Old 06-06-2016, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockposer View Post
It will flag if your breaking the current speed limit. The road speed limit sign will turn red. As for your actual speed the car speedometer will be more accurate.
Must disagree there. On various roads there are overhead speed signs (Oss) that indicate what speed vehicles are travelling at.

How it works: About 6-800m from the Oss there is a sign indicating that an Oss is coming up. As you pass under the Oss your speed is indicated. Every time I'd go under the sign my gps indicated the EXACT same speed as the Oss. From that, I could tell if my speedo is accurate or not (they almost never are). They can legally be out by 10%. (Always under-never over). So, you see my wish to be able to see what "actual speed" my car is doing. Of course with the gps I can see any speed at any time. (That's on my TomTom but not on the CX-3----unless someone can tell me different)

My previous car's speedo was 100% accurate, the CX-3's speedo when indicating 100 is actually doing 98.

post #4 of 19 Old 06-06-2016, 02:15 PM

When I've used a separate GPS unit I've never relied on it to check my speed. Much easier to use the speedo, plus I don't have the GPS running all the time!

post #5 of 19 Old 06-07-2016, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockposer View Post
When I've used a separate GPS unit I've never relied on it to check my speed. Much easier to use the speedo, plus I don't have the GPS running all the time!
A few points rockposer: Hope you're convinced that the gps speed indication is more accurate that the speedo. Also I don't always have the gps on. But, more to the point is, I still don't know if the CX-3's gps can be set to indicate the speed that the car is travelling at. Does anyone else out there know the answer?
post #6 of 19 Old 06-07-2016, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi3xt View Post
A few points rockposer: Hope you're convinced that the gps speed indication is more accurate that the speedo. Also I don't always have the gps on. But, more to the point is, I still don't know if the CX-3's gps can be set to indicate the speed that the car is travelling at. Does anyone else out there know the answer?
It can't as far as I know.
I have looked through each and every option in the nav system (several times I might add) and I haven't found the option, so I'm pretty sure it's not possible.

2015 Mazda CX-3 2.0 120HP Optimum Aut. Jet Black -with all the gadgets
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 19 Old 06-07-2016, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by santa View Post
It can't as far as I know.
I have looked through each and every option in the nav system (several times I might add) and I haven't found the option, so I'm pretty sure it's not possible.
Thanks Santa. I'd come to the same conclusion but it's nice to have someone else to verify.
post #8 of 19 Old 06-07-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi3xt View Post
Don't need to be convinced seeing as how I don't use it like I said

post #9 of 19 Old 06-07-2016, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
I don't know about you, but with the HU unit displaying the speed there is no need to refer to the speed displayed on the Nav screen. In fact with the Nav screen, HU screen and digital speedo on the dash all showing how fast you are goiing, I find that it approaches information overload!

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
post #10 of 19 Old 06-10-2016, 03:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
I don't know about you, but with the HU unit displaying the speed there is no need to refer to the speed displayed on the Nav screen. In fact with the Nav screen, HU screen and digital speedo on the dash all showing how fast you are goiing, I find that it approaches information overload!
You're assuming I have a HU unit and a digital speedo...I don't ( my fault, I should have purchased the next model up). But in the end all I really wanted to know IF the Nav screen could or could not be set to show speed. Sadly it seems not.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode