How To Use Aha Radio? - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-20-2016, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How To Use Aha Radio?

I can't seem to figure this one out. I have my Aha account all set up with two preset stations, my phone is connected via Bluetooth (I can get Pandora to work, for example, although only for a song or two before the connection drops), I get the message on my phone asking me to ignore or allow Aha to run (I choose allow), but I can't get Aha to connect. When I select Aha from the infotainment menu, I get a message on the Presets tab that says "List is empty, add from mobile device" but it's grayed-out. When I look at my mobile device, all I see is a screen that has the Mazda logo on top and the Aha logo underneath it, but no options or menu to do anything. Tapping or swiping on this screen does absolutely nothing--I can't even close it.

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting Bluetooth; no change. I can see the preset stations on my phone when it's not connected to the Mazda, I just don't know how to get the infotainment system to see them.

Any advice/thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-23-2016, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
I've used Aha a couple times before without issues. What kind of phone do you have? Have you tried reinstalling the app and disconnecting/reconnecting your phone to your car?

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
post #3 of 4 Old 05-23-2016, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greaseman85 View Post
I've used Aha a couple times before without issues. What kind of phone do you have? Have you tried reinstalling the app and disconnecting/reconnecting your phone to your car?
I have an iPhone 6 running the current iOS. I'm also having the known iPhone issue with Pandora (where it drops the connection after a song or two), so I'm beginning to suspect the phone is simply not compatible with the car. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to an Android here in the next few months (I've hated the iPhone since I got it!) and peace will once again befall Shandyland.

I have disconnected/reconnected--same thing. I'll try reinstalling the app.

Thanks!

post #4 of 4 Old 05-23-2016, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
I'm fairly certain there are other threads of people complaining about iPhone issues with Mazda's infotainment system. Android definitely seems to be the best bet, and I've tried HTC One M9, Galaxy S6, and HTC 10 all without issues.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode