User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 04-21-2016, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Infotainment Display Restarting While Driving

I have had my US CX-3 GT with i-Activesense for about a month now. Last weekend I took a short trip up to Pittsburgh (about 4 hours each way) and was listening to SiriusXM. On the way up, about 2ish hours into my drive the infotainment display restarted. The screen showed the Mazda logo, then went really dim, still showing the Mazda logo, then got bright and went through the startup animation. It showed the warning message and everything. The whole time music was still playing and I could control the volume, the navigation also did not reset (as in my route was still there and everything was up to date) so I am apt to say that it was just the display portion of the system that restarted. I wrote it off as a weird fluke.

However on my way home the next day it happened again about 45 minutes into the drive, again, still listening to SiriusXM but not using navigation this time.

Since it is obviously still under warranty I am going to call the dealer this weekend about it, but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

CX-3 GT AWD Dynamic Blue Mica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-21-2016, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
there is a software update which your service dept should be able to supply.

this glitching is a common occurrence and several members, myself included, have experienced this.

2016 Dynamic Blue CX-3 GT ... 2005 Titanium Grey RX-8 GT
post #3 of 15 Old 04-21-2016, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANDAL View Post
there is a software update which your service dept should be able to supply.

this glitching is a common occurrence and several members, myself included, have experienced this.
That makes me feel much much better. Hopefully they can get it done this weekend. I wonder why it was not applied before I purchased it (I bought just under a month ago, though the state inspection is from January)

CX-3 GT AWD Dynamic Blue Mica

post #4 of 15 Old 04-21-2016, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WxFisch View Post
That makes me feel much much better. Hopefully they can get it done this weekend. I wonder why it was not applied before I purchased it (I bought just under a month ago, though the state inspection is from January)
I hope you don't have the same problem when I needed a update.I took my cx-3 to the dealer because it had the older software version and They said it did not show up on my vin number so no update was needed.
I called Mazda and told them the problem so they called the dealer and they found out the tech was looking at the wrong page and the update was needed.
They fixed it and I haven't a problem since on a side not they gathered up all the techs and had a meeting that this would never happen again and when a update is called for do it without hesitation.
post #5 of 15 Old 04-21-2016, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playthru View Post
they found out the tech was looking at the wrong page and the update was needed.
on a scale of 1-10 how safe do you feel leaving your primary mode of transportation in the hands of someone who is incapable of reading from the right page?

2016 Dynamic Blue CX-3 GT ... 2005 Titanium Grey RX-8 GT
post #6 of 15 Old 04-21-2016, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANDAL View Post
on a scale of 1-10 how safe do you feel leaving your primary mode of transportation in the hands of someone who is incapable of reading from the right page?
Maybe a three and I went back to the dealer three times before I called Mazda.If I did not call Mazda to tell them my problem it still would not of been corrected.
post #7 of 15 Old 04-22-2016, 04:13 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
I've said it many times before, but the techs at every Mazda dealer I've been to have vastly paled in comparison to the techs every Subaru dealer has that I've visited. It's really night and day and Mazda's service guys have not impressed me much. With the Subaru guys, you can tell that most them are passionate about the product and are fans, just like the customers, and that they've had comprehensive, product-specific factory training. It's very evident that the Subie guys are really knowledgeable about what they're doing. With Mazda, it's like they took whoever got their generic ASE certification from the local tech school, put a service manual in one hand and a timecard in the other and said, "Here ya go! Get to it!"

That's the impression I've gotten from all the local dealers here in Milwaukee, anyway.
post #8 of 15 Old 04-22-2016, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The techs at my Dealer are all really well trained and very passionate. It seems many have come out of the racing world on the Mazda side and know these cars top to bottom inside and out.

Just called and the service manager told me there was indeed and update for this exact problem and they should have it finished in about 45 mins. Going to take a long lunch on Wed and hopefully everything works out.
post #9 of 15 Old 04-22-2016, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Here's an endorsement for Achilles Mazda in the town of Milton in southern Ontario Canada. It may be a relatively small dealership when compared to a massive Subaru dealership like Mississauga Subaru (which is actually run by the head honchos at Subaru of Canada), but those guys at Achilles really know their stuff when it comes it technical issues on the newest Mazda cars. I give them an enthusiastic two thumbs up rating!

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 15 Old 06-03-2016, 01:33 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I haven't seen this happen yet on my CX-3, but I've witnessed it a couple of times on my MZ3. Both times, my USB ports were plugged in and charging smart phones. I don't know if that load has anything to do with it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode