User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-19-2016, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bose amp wiring

After exhausting my google options, I'm stuck. I want to tap the wiring at the bose amp to add an amp and a sub. The bose woofer just isn't cutting it. Problem is, I can't find any schematics about the wiring to the bose amp that work. I'm looking to tap the rear speaker inputs, but I can't identify them. Can anyone help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-22-2016, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Success! I was able to tap the inputs at the Bose sub with an RCA cable. No line-out converter is necessary.

At the Bose amp under the passenger's seat, you'll find three harnesses. The first one, the one on the left, are the speaker inputs. I tapped off the wires on the right on the plug, red/black, white/green. I did this with the red quick splices you can find at Radio Shack.

I could never locate the remote turn on wire at the bose amp, so I added a circuit to the outlet fuse at the interior fuse box and ran a remote wire from there.

I selected an 8 inch sub in a ported tube enclosure, and I'm very satisfied with it. I don't want to rattle the neighborhood, just have a foundation of bass, and this fits the bill. The bose woofer in the tire well just didn't bring it, and functioned more as a mid-bass driver. While I'd toyed with the idea of changing the bose door speakers, I think the addition of the sub makes all the difference, and I think I'm done.
greaseman85 and mainemanx like this.
post #3 of 12 Old 04-25-2016, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
The enclosure subwoofer system you found, does it fit under a seat or do you have it in the trunk. Debating wether or not I would like to find a different subwoofer as well.

post #4 of 12 Old 04-25-2016, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Yes Jason I'm curious too as to if you placed it under the front seat, back seat or trunk area? Did you add another amp to drive the sub exclusively? Can you add pics? Thanks!!!
post #5 of 12 Old 04-25-2016, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Jason,

I am glad your installation was successful and you are pleased with the sound. It seems to be the easiest way to go. On other Mazda forums and installers I have talked to (I have installed maybe ten full systems over the years in various cars but have never dealt with a Bose system - that plus the fact that I am leasing and don't have time like I used to) have all said to tap the signal (using a line converter - PACMAZ, I believe) before the Bose amp/signal processor. Of course, this was referring to my '13 MS3, which had Audiopilot and Centerpoint processing (which the CX-3 does not) and the Bose amp did funky things with the bass based on a whole host of conditions. I would certainly like a bit more junk in my trunk and get an aftermarket sub - I'll see what the boss will let me do (I let it slip how much my new sound bar costs and she is not very happy at the moment, stereo-wise).
mainemanx likes this.

'16 Meteor Gray Mica FWD GT
post #6 of 12 Old 04-26-2016, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

subwoofer

Indeed, I spliced the RCA cable to the inputs, so it is before the bose amplifier, and the signal is just fine.

I put the aftermarket amplifier under the passenger seat, right beside the bose amp, and I put the subwoofer itself in the truck. Otherwise, I didn't change anything, and I even left the bose woofer in the loop, too, and it really does function more like a mid-bass driver.

I'll take some pics and see if I can do a better write-up this afternoon.
funambulistic likes this.
post #7 of 12 Old 05-17-2016, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Subwoofer pics/selection

Jason....could you post pics of your sub install please? What amp and subwoofer did you select? Thanks!
post #8 of 12 Old 05-21-2017, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Jason ... three posts and gone ... no pictures, no replies, no love ... goodbye Mary, goodbye Jane!
As they say, "No pictures, it never happened."

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.
post #9 of 12 Old 05-22-2017, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I added a DD audio 500 series 8" sub in a ported encloser on a separate dd audio dm1000 amp.

I do not have the Bose audio system though so i had to tap into the rear passenger door speaker and used an Lc2i converter for the rca's, tapped into the accessory wire in the cabin fuse box, for the remote on/off. And use a bass knob to control the level of bass, my wife and I love it.
post #10 of 12 Old 05-23-2017, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibzader View Post

I do not have the Bose audio system though so i had to tap into the rear passenger door speaker and used an Lc2i converter for the rca's, tapped into the accessory wire in the cabin fuse box, for the remote on/off. And use a bass knob to control the level of bass, my wife and I love it.
Is is possible for you to try to get the remote wire (REM) from the tuner & amp unit for remote on/off? There is one Antenna amplifier power supply terminal that goes all the way to the power antenna. Normally power antenna wire serves same purpose as REM wire but some head unit supply power to power antenna "only" when it switch to tuner, but most of the HU will supply power when switch on. (I am asking a silly question here as HU on CX-3 always switch on after you start the engine. There is no different for subwoofer to get power and trigger from ACC power).
The Antenna amplifier Power Supply terminal share the same socket with antenna wire (mark with 3A). I think it can also tap from A-pillar on right side, there is extension socket there. I saw it there when i replaced the stock speakers but I don't have active subwoofer to try

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode