BT Audio - Stuck in a sub-folder - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-13-2016, 04:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
BT Audio - Stuck in a sub-folder

I'm trying to play music from my Galaxy S5 via Bluetooth. But after selecting the Root Folder and then a sub-folder, I am stuck in the sub-folder. The manual says (on p.5-117):
Quote:
– Select to move to folder one level higher.
But I don't see that anywhere. Any ideas on how I can get out of my sub-folder hell??? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-14-2016, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I was having trouble with the bluetooth in my cx-3. Did you try deleting the phone from the bluetooth menu then reconnecting? If that fails, try resetting the infotainment system to factory defaults.

CX-3 Touring
post #3 of 7 Old 04-14-2016, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
Hmm, when I play music through bluetooth it doesn't ask me to choose any folders nor does it allow me to choose folders, it automatically starts playing my music.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment

post #4 of 7 Old 04-14-2016, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikm27 View Post
I'm trying to play music from my Galaxy S5 via Bluetooth. But after selecting the Root Folder and then a sub-folder, I am stuck in the sub-folder. The manual says (on p.5-117):

But I don't see that anywhere. Any ideas on how I can get out of my sub-folder hell??? Thanks!
You may need to create multiple "sub folders" on your phone in the music folder. to do this, you would connect your phone to a PC as a storage device and organize your music like you would on windows. When you have more than 1 folder in your "MUSIC" folder the system should be able to navigate through the different ones.

2016 Dynamic Blue CX-3 GT ... 2005 Titanium Grey RX-8 GT
post #5 of 7 Old 04-15-2016, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANDAL View Post
You may need to create multiple "sub folders" on your phone in the music folder. to do this, you would connect your phone to a PC as a storage device and organize your music like you would on windows. When you have more than 1 folder in your "MUSIC" folder the system should be able to navigate through the different ones.
That's how my music is organised and I cannot navigate by folder via bluetooth only jump forward or back a track

Still.................mustn't grumble
post #6 of 7 Old 04-15-2016, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks for all the responses and tips! I still have the problem with the missing up-arrow to navigate through my phone's sub-folders but... I've found that it's really easy to just use my phone to control which music plays through the car speakers rather than using the cars audio controls. So I just open a music app on my phone (I use Google Play) and I can select any song or artist or playlist on the phone itself (rather than on the head unit) to play through the car's speakers. It's just like playing your phone's music on a BT headset (with your car replacing the BT headset which is wierd to think about
post #7 of 7 Old 04-15-2016, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikm27 View Post
Thanks for all the responses and tips! I still have the problem with the missing up-arrow to navigate through my phone's sub-folders but... I've found that it's really easy to just use my phone to control which music plays through the car speakers rather than using the cars audio controls. So I just open a music app on my phone (I use Google Play) and I can select any song or artist or playlist on the phone itself (rather than on the head unit) to play through the car's speakers. It's just like playing your phone's music on a BT headset (with your car replacing the BT headset which is wierd to think about
That's exactly what I do and it's easy with the phone in it's Brodit mount

Still.................mustn't grumble

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode