Text notifications not working? - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-08-2016, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Text notifications not working?

Was trying to set up this feature on my car, however the menu for text messages and notifications is grayed out? Within the settings menu, the option for text notifications is checked.

Phone is iphone 6s, on IOS 9.3, otherwise is functioning with the car flawlessly.

Edit - I did not have "notifications" turned on in the phones Bluetooth/Mazda settings, mystery solved!

Last edited by jetydosa; 04-08-2016 at 05:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-08-2016, 02:45 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Garage
I think the catch is with iphones it isn't actually reading the text message (that's why it doesn't clear the notification on the phone and you can't text from the MZD connect system).

I ditched iphones a while ago, so I forgot the name of the menu, but I remember you need to make sure messages are showing on your iphones notification panel (whatever the drop down panel is that shows all your days events, recent emails, messages ect is called). That should be the work around.

Mazda CX-3 S-Touring Deep Crystal Blue 6MT
post #3 of 8 Old 04-08-2016, 05:07 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Yeah , well have that setup (and it did work previously in Honda Civic I had). Not sure what the deal is here.

post #4 of 8 Old 05-31-2016, 03:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks that salves my problem too!
post #5 of 8 Old 05-31-2016, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
Under Settings menu, go into the Bluetooth options. Find Mazda in the list of connected devices and click the button to display the connection options. You have to enable Messages there in order for the phone to send the texts to the Mazda infotainment system. After enabling it on the phone, the option in the car's settings should no longer be greyed out.

His: 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring, Machine Grey Metallic
Hers: 2016 CX-5 Sport, FWD, Reflex Blue
post #6 of 8 Old 05-31-2016, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipre77 View Post
Under Settings menu, go into the Bluetooth options. Find Mazda in the list of connected devices and click the button to display the connection options. You have to enable Messages there in order for the phone to send the texts to the Mazda infotainment system. After enabling it on the phone, the option in the car's settings should no longer be greyed out.
I've just checked my phone and although enabled, it is still greyed out on the CX-5. It DID work on the CX-3 so I know it's capable. It didn't work at all when I got my car but somebody told me to unpair the phone from the car then re-pair them and that worked as far as getting messages goes but it still doesn't notify me when not in the phone app. You never know what apple are up to with these updates. I can have something working perfectly then all of a sudden I'm back to square one.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"
post #7 of 8 Old 05-31-2016, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
My iPhone 5s works fine with SMS, plays My Music, Spotify and I can even make phone calls
post #8 of 8 Old 08-29-2017, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a Mazda CX-5 2016 model and my text messages USED to work.
I have a iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.3.3 and text messages have not worked in the vehicle for sometime now.

I have 'Forgot Device' for the Mazda on my phone, removed it from the vehicle, restored factory communication settings, and restarted the phone and vehicle, gone through the reconnection process, ensured that Show Notifications is enabled on the iPhone when connected via Bluetooth and STILL the Text Message option is grayed out on Mazda even though I have the display text message box checked on the Infotainment screen.

Any thoughts?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode