1Likes
  • 1 Post By greaseman85

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-31-2016, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Kicked out of Pandora

Is anyone else having issues when streaming Pandora Radio from iPhone? Mine will connect and play, but continuously loses the connection whereupon I have to go back in to audio sources and re-select Pandora constantly. I'd say about every 3-5 minutes. Extremely frustrating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-01-2016, 04:56 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
I haven't run into that particular issue, but I have had some issues with USB connection on my iPhone sometimes causing the head unit in the car to reboot. I've seen it happen when connecting or disconnecting the iPhone. Also had it happen when trying to interact with Music player or the Podcasts. Skip Track function sometimes causes it to lock up and reboot when trying to start the next track, but it's not a consistently reproduceable problem. I'm on the latest released firmware, too.

I've also noticed something weird at times when shuffling all the music on the iPhone. Sometimes it'll get stuck shuffling songs between only a couple of albums on the phone instead of selecting from all of them and no, I'm not using a playlist. The other day, I set it to play all songs shuffled. Out of probably around 50 songs and skipping ahead, it picked all of the songs from about 8 albums when I have around 1000 tracks on the phone from a wide variety of artists and albums.
post #3 of 10 Old 04-01-2016, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Honestly poor integration with other systems is why I ditched iPhones.

Have apple just released a software update? With my last cars I noticed occasionally after a software update by apple you would then have to wait for a corresponding update from the car or cd player manufacturer to fix the bugs.

Mazda CX-3 S-Touring Deep Crystal Blue 6MT

post #4 of 10 Old 04-01-2016, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Apple did just do an update, but I have not installed it as I've already heard about some major bugaboos. Unfortunately, my iPhone is provided to me through work, so kind of stuck with it.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-02-2016, 01:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just typed about 3 paragraphs and was told my connection timed out and was not able to submit. Hit the back button and it's gone.

Pandora connection crapola part II.

Yup, I've been dealing with the Pandora disconnecting after every 1 or 2 songs. I know it's not a bluetooth thing because I can stream iTunes music via bluetooth, and I can stream Pandora from my phone through bluetooth connection, and it does not break the connection. The downside is I don't get to see what is playing on the infotainment console.

Everything was working great up until about 2 months ago after i upgraded the Pandora app to ver 7.0

I even upgraded my iPhone this week to the SE, which of course requires it to be paired to the car's console.

I found these 2 links during my reserach: Pandora V7.0 Issues with iPhone ? Vehicle with MAZDA CONNECT | mazda.oemdtc.com

"After Pandora V7.0 for iPhone was released on March 7th, the following problems have been found on vehicle with MAZDA CONNECT.

Navigation voice guidance will skip and cut out losing many words.
Pandora will suddenly disconnect and MAZDA CONNECT will revert to the previously used source.
If you encounter a vehicle with these issues, DO NOT attempt any repairs on the vehicle.

There is nothing wrong with the vehicle.

This is an issue with the Pandora APP.

Have the customer contact Apple or Pandora.

NOTE: These issues DO NOT affect Android phones."

auto connected car news | Will iOS 9 update cause car Bluetooth iPhone issues like 8.4.1 does?

I hope the bugs get worked out soon.

There are 2 secrets to success in life. 1- Don't tell anyone everything you know.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-02-2016, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
I've never successfully paired my phone to the car via a hotspot. Just will not do it.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #7 of 10 Old 05-02-2016, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info guys. I've basically given up on the BlueTooth connection for streaming Pandora. I've just been using an accessory cable to direct connect and have zero issues now. Unfortunately, as @Fantzypantz stated above, you do not get the Pandora on the dash display when "hard connected" this way. Small downside for me versus constantly having to re-select Pandora as audio source when getting kicked out of it constantly when streaming through BlueTooth. I think I'm going to go Android next time we update company phones!:O
post #8 of 10 Old 05-02-2016, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
A very simple fix would be Mazda finally stepping into 2016 and offering Apple Carplay and Android Auto like all their competitors have already done.....

Mazda connect is useless garbage.
Fantzypantz likes this.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
post #9 of 10 Old 05-04-2016, 02:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I reported the issue to the Pandora Gurus and got a response the same day.

Only the names changed -

Sxxx | Pandora
MAY 01, 2016 | 02:07PM PDT
Hi Fantzypantz,

Thanks for writing in and sorry for any trouble listening to Pandora in your 2016 Mazda CX-3. Could you provide some more information, so I can investigate your setup?

1. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model?
2. What is the model of your iPhone, as well can you confirm the Pandora app version?
3. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
4. Have you experienced listening issues only when in the car, or also when listening on your phone outside the car?

Let me know and I'll be happy to follow up.

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Best,
Sxxx | Pandora
Listener Advocate
PANDORA® internet radio
Need help? Pandora | Help

Trouble Listening
MAY 01, 2016 | 07:47AM PDT
Original message (Sent online)
New version of Pandora is broken. Mazda Connect (2016 CX-3) Pandora keeps losing connection to iPhone during play with version 7.x. Mazda website indicates this is a known issue and is not a problem with Connect, but is due to version 7 Pandora app.

I replied with more detailed info -
Re: Trouble Listening
MAY 02, 2016 | 07:04PM PDT

Hi and thank you for your reply!

My 2016 Mazda CX-3 has the original factory stereo unit with integrated Mazda Connect infotainment system. The Pandora application is included with the Mazda Connect package and has worked very well with my iPhone 5s up until I upgraded to the Pandora app on the iPhone to version 7.0 about 2 months ago.

I recently (3 days ago) upgraded to the iPhone SE with iOS version 9.3.1 which is paired to Mazda connect via Bluetooth.
The Pandora app is version 7.1.1 on the iPhone.

I continue to experience Pandora disconnecting after every 1 or 2 songs while using the integrated Pandora app from the Mazda Connect dash menu. I know it's not a bluetooth thing because I can stream iTunes music via bluetooth, and I can stream Pandora from my phone through the bluetooth connection, and it does not break the connection. The downside is I don't get to view the the Pandora options such as selecting a new pandora station, thumb up/down on current song.

I found these 2 links during my reserach: Pandora V7.0 Issues with iPhone ? Vehicle with MAZDA CONNECT | mazda.oemdtc.com

"After Pandora V7.0 for iPhone was released on March 7th, the following problems have been found on vehicle with MAZDA CONNECT.

Navigation voice guidance will skip and cut out losing many words.
Pandora will suddenly disconnect and MAZDA CONNECT will revert to the previously used source.
If you encounter a vehicle with these issues, DO NOT attempt any repairs on the vehicle.

There is nothing wrong with the vehicle.

This is an issue with the Pandora APP.

Have the customer contact Apple or Pandora.

NOTE: These issues DO NOT affect Android phones."

Thank you,
FP

The Response I got from Pandora Guru -
Sxxx | Pandora
MAY 02, 2016 | 12:32PM PDT
Hi Fantzypantz,

Thanks for writing back with that info. We are aware of the issue connecting with Mazda vehicles with the 7.0 Pandora app version; however, the 7.1.1 update was intended to fix this very issue.

As such, I've made a small change on the backend that might help. Please try again and let me know how it goes.

Best,
Sxxx | Pandora
Listener Advocate
PANDORA® internet radio
Need help? Pandora | Help

So Mr Guru says he made a change and try again. Try what again?

There are 2 secrets to success in life. 1- Don't tell anyone everything you know.
post #10 of 10 Old 05-04-2016, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Maybe they mean delete the phone app and re-install?

Mazda CX-3 S-Touring Deep Crystal Blue 6MT

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode