• 1 Post By VANDAL
  • 1 Post By Geezer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-30-2016, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I-ActiveSense Question

I thinking of buying a GT CX 3 with the I-ActiveSense package. I have two questions:
1) Is it really worth it?
2) Will it render my radar detector useless?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-30-2016, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
It was worth it to me. But we're all different. Rain sensing wipers were a must and I've fallen in love with radar cruise control (assuming you're in the US). Rear cross traffic is really handy too as it notifies if anyone/thing is coming out from behind vehicle to your sides.

I don't use a radar detector so no idea if there is interference.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-30-2016, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
I have just the base-GT; I considered the additional package but ultimately went without. It's my 4th month of ownership; never once did I think "wish I got the extra package". It's very well equipped already.
greaseman85 likes this.

2016 Dynamic Blue CX-3 GT ... 2005 Titanium Grey RX-8 GT

post #4 of 9 Old 03-30-2016, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9999 View Post
Rear cross traffic is really handy too as it notifies if anyone/thing is coming out from behind vehicle to your sides.
That's included in the GT trim regardless of iActiveSense package.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
post #5 of 9 Old 03-30-2016, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
As for whether it is worth it, really only you can answer that by asking yourself some questions about how you drive and use your car. You can read the discussions in this thread:
http://www.cx3forum.com/forum/genera...e-package.html

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
post #6 of 9 Old 03-30-2016, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Regardless of how any one drives, You can still get caught out, so especially the smart brake systems can help in an emergency.
We are very happy that we got the whole package (it's part of the highest trim level in Denmark), especially the radar cruise control is great.
The lane departure warning system is not a must and can be bit of a pain, but we've set it to least intrusive, so we can live with it (I don't want to turn it off every time I'm going for a drive).
We use the auto headlights and auto highbeam all the time and we love it now same with rain sensors.

So my recomendation is to get it, if only to get the radar cruise control ;-)

2015 Mazda CX-3 2.0 120HP Optimum Aut. Jet Black -with all the gadgets
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 9 Old 03-30-2016, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by santa View Post
Regardless of how any one drives, You can still get caught out, so especially the smart brake systems can help in an emergency.
We are very happy that we got the whole package (it's part of the highest trim level in Denmark), especially the radar cruise control is great.
The lane departure warning system is not a must and can be bit of a pain, but we've set it to least intrusive, so we can live with it (I don't want to turn it off every time I'm going for a drive).
We use the auto headlights and auto highbeam all the time and we love it now same with rain sensors.

So my recomendation is to get it, if only to get the radar cruise control ;-)
Except in Canada! You can't get adaptive cruise or smart braking in Canada. I know I go on about this, but I can't for the life of me understand why Mazda Canada will not at least make these an option for buyers in Canada
VANDAL likes this.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-30-2016, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Except in Canada! You can't get adaptive cruise or smart braking in Canada. I know I go on about this, but I can't for the life of me understand why Mazda Canada will not at least make these an option for buyers in Canada
I agree with You, it makes no sense.
I know they can't get in the UK either (which doesn't help and still isn't making any sense).

2015 Mazda CX-3 2.0 120HP Optimum Aut. Jet Black -with all the gadgets

post #9 of 9 Old 03-30-2016, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
These features (smart braking, adaptive cruise) is heavily regulated and safety standards are VERY strict here in Canada (compared to the states.)

My guess is either the current setting failed the requirements, or they were not able to get it properly evaluated in time when they released this vehicle in 2015. I'd imagine later model years, 2017, 18 will have this if demand for CX-3 is good enough to justify Mazda adhering to Canadian standards.

2016 Dynamic Blue CX-3 GT ... 2005 Titanium Grey RX-8 GT

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode